BBcode MediaSites Package [Deleted]

When I see the embed code from twitch.tv, I found that they have two {$id}. One $id is for channel, and another is for video. Livestream links have only the first $id, and we can make the link easily. But with vids are attached to channels, so we need two include both two $id.
I am in a similar situation as well, where I need to include two different {$id}. Did you manage to get this working? :)

Something else really wierd.... not sure what it is.

On a page "refresh", it starts off like this:
taHH4c.png

Then after the refresh is finished, it moves and changes to this:
adhqSz.png

o_O

I actually like the second image posted, I think it fits the "Twitter" style. My only issue is it leaves about 4 or 5 blank lines from top of post, and also "auto-centers" it. Is this a bug, as designed, or what? Also, if designed as such, is there a way to change the output location to be the same as first line of post?
Is there a fix for this yet?

Yes but not something that is ready for release...that has to do with the way twitter widget js works.

What you see in the first place is something I made because I don't want people posting on twitter as a replacement to posting on the forum it is on...that was my logic in the first place at any rate...

Anyways...if I didn't do that which you see in the first image , it would look like crap until the twitter script ran which is something that is out of my control....

So back to my first sentence....yes there is a fix...i just need to attack one more thing on it and I can be confident that it will need no more changes (so long as the json/xml stuff remains the same @ twitter). When this change is applied it will remove this bbcode from this addon....and this bbcode will actually be it's own complete addon because of what I think should be done to make this bbcode worth keeping for a production environment.

I also need to update the addon...as someone asked about twitch and I am pretty sure I did it and like 5 or 6 others ones...but then again I also thought I already posted those lol.

Anyone interested in seeing this happen...hit me up on friday night to remind me about this for the weekend...otherwise i will forget and think I did it...again.

the NBC video embed code has been updated. you need to change it to
Code:
<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid={$id}" frameborder="0"></iframe>

the match url hasn't changed

now I can post Howard on AGT

I have an add on or custom script request that kind of fits in with this add on. Basically I want to use the Feeder to use the RSS feed on ebay to create new listing threads on my site, which has this add on enabled and auto embeds ebay links. Unfortunately with the RSS feeds it does not.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/rss/?_sacat=0&_nkw=vintage+watch&_rss=1&rt=nc

It posts listings in each thread correctly but displays just like the RSS feed. If we could convert that into the embeddable listing, this could be a VERY powerful tool for creating a site that is auto run on ebay RSS feed listings for items that are narrowly categorized, doing a lot of the work for bargain hunters, and making money for us with affiliate programs like viglink or skimlinks. I hope I explained this well enough. If the work is very difficult to make this happen I would help pay for the development of it.

I just decided to make a new addon for this really quick because searching got boring, it is the same as the one for King kovifors bbcode manager and if you install this you must uninstall or upgrade the original xxmP addon with this addon and continue to use the bbcodes for KingK's BBcode manager with that if you like. It will work with both BBCM and the XF BBcode media site systems and uses the same core files. Playback currently supports mp4, m4v and flv.

Instructions:
Extract & Upload - the contents of the xxmP.1.0.0.b.zip archive and upload the contents of the UPLOAD folder to your xenforo installations root.

Install from the addon-xxmP.xml

your done.
I've been using this and it works great! Only bug I've seen is if a user uses a url that is part of a subdomain. It ignores the subdomain and reverts the code to reflect just the top level domain name. Most of my users know to re-edit the url when using a subdomain url though by now. Just an FYI.

Could you take a look at Traileraddict? Embeds stopped working a while ago, so I think something needs to be updated. I'm using your traileraddict.php script with the following match code:

Code:
#http://www\.traileraddict\.com/(?P<id>trailer/[\-a-z0-9_]+/[\-a-z0-9_]+)(\?.*)?$#siU

This is my embed code:

Code:
<object width="450" height="234">
            <param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/__MEDIAKEY__"></param>
            <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">
            <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
            <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
            <embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/__MEDIAKEY__" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="234" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>
</object>

I would try the new one in 1.2 I updated all the bbcodes minus like 2 of them...between the addon's move to the resource manager and me taking employment on a regular basis I have not done what I have planned and have semi done on xf testbeds.

To make the long story short...you would have to skim about the original thread and this discussion here to see what was updated when...that is until I go about completing what I have documented and the paste it over here in the RM as well as push another update to the addon itself.

can you show me a link to what you would like....as it is now I think I do not have it....

while I start loading virtual machines and checking my test archives for the bbcode, it would be cool if you could find me a link displaying exactly what it is you would like an amazon link to do or look like rather and I will see what I can do.

Media Site ID:
amazon
Site Title:
Amazon
Site URL:
http://www.amazon.com
Match URLs:
amazon.com/*/*/{$id}/
Embed HTML:
Code:
<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=FFFFFF&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=oldrow-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=tf_til&asins={$id}" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Thats what was working before...

what I am saying is....

was it for a search items button....to display a specific item, multiple items?

I am just trying to understand what I am being asked to do is all, time is too precious even more so lately and I don't want to waste it doing something that isn't being asked to get done.

Also...amazon changed up their system a bit and now you need to have an amazon affiliate id for any interactive widget to work so unless this because an addon I wouldn't want to add it to the media site's package for the fact that it would need either A. an options panel for a user to input their Affiliate ID or it would require a user to edit the bbcode themselves and to me the point of the media sites addon is that it extends the bbcode mediasites system and makes it very easy for a site owner to add support for a bunch of sites at once and quickly remove the ones they don't want.

and to follow up on this...

I tried going ahead and making a sick bbcode that had a dummy affil id and what do I see...while trying to sign up....(I feel like this has happened before...)
https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/apply/main.html said:
To whom should we issue payment?
Note: Residents of Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, North Carolina or Rhode Island are not eligible to participate in the Associates program.

looks like I will not be participating in any development with this ....sorry

what I am saying is....

was it for a search items button....to display a specific item, multiple items?

I am just trying to understand what I am being asked to do is all, time is too precious even more so lately and I don't want to waste it doing something that isn't being asked to get done.

Also...amazon changed up their system a bit and now you need to have an amazon affiliate id for any interactive widget to work so unless this because an addon I wouldn't want to add it to the media site's package for the fact that it would need either A. an options panel for a user to input their Affiliate ID or it would require a user to edit the bbcode themselves and to me the point of the media sites addon is that it extends the bbcode mediasites system and makes it very easy for a site owner to add support for a bunch of sites at once and quickly remove the ones they don't want.
It turned a simple amazon link into a picture price link such as this one: http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_bla...s4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B0038K5VNA and embeded it into your page. It came with a dummy affiliate ID that you would change yourself in the backend.

Top Bottom