BBcode MediaSites Package [Deleted]

Got an update notification recently. Has it?
Because it doesnt look like..
I think it might be a misfire having something to do with stuff being done behind the scenes to the RM...but I don't know for sure. I am thinking about an update...but every time I do that I need to test all bbcodes and then add any new ones and remove any dead sites...I guess it has been a while now.

Thanks for the reminder. :-)

I downloaded it from here myself to check...it isn't password protectedo_O

I don't even know ... all I can say is...wtf?:confused:
Something wiggy wouldn't let me get anything but the XML file from the Zip. Ironically, dragging and dropping the files decompressed them just fine. Don't know what the issue was.

This is the first modification I've tried to install, so if I understand correctly, anytime you do an update to the modification, you're going to get all the media sites included, no matter what, right? It's not a matter of picking and choosing definitions. Is there any concern that things might get unwieldy if the definition set goes up to, oh, I don't know, around 300 definitions? :whistle: Or do you plan on including a importer/exporter at some point?

Something wiggy wouldn't let me get anything but the XML file from the Zip. Ironically, dragging and dropping the files decompressed them just fine. Don't know what the issue was.

This is the first modification I've tried to install, so if I understand correctly, anytime you do an update to the modification, you're going to get all the media sites included, no matter what, right? It's not a matter of picking and choosing definitions. Is there any concern that things might get unwieldy if the definition set goes up to, oh, I don't know, around 300 definitions? :whistle: Or do you plan on including a importer/exporter at some point?

Lol ...that's odd

I was planning on doing an importer for that...but I think I forgot at some point after I started because well I got lost and then at the time started a new job and was brain wiped for a year.

I also had started working on a generator to build the build the xml on my server so it only included bbcodes that an admin wanted on their board as well as their related callback files but that has turned out to be complex and I can't get all of the operations needed to work together...

Individually for the most part I can make things happen but really without operations working together using the addon builder would be more complex than installing the addon and then associating the bbcodes you don't want with a dummy addon instead of this one and then uninstall the dummy addon removing the bbcodes that are not needed.

If someone was willing to point me to a simple technique that would allow me to do it...I would do either one of those above options for sure in the name of making this customizable and easier to use. But since it can easily be worked around with just a little effort (removing unneeded codes or adding codes from another pack to this addon instead of the one they installed from) I kind figured I would leave it alone.

If people want to help I would be interested in furthering this.

So when you delete a site, does it get re-added during an update? I ask because I'd like to contribute regularly to the set (once I figure out some of the more complex aspects of creating the media codes) much the way I do with AME on vBulletin. But I don't want to make the set unwieldy for you and your users, with a lot of updates they have to spend a lot of time sorting through.

I'll look into the code some more and see if I can offer some suggestions.

So when you delete a site, does it get re-added during an update? I ask because I'd like to contribute regularly to the set (once I figure out some of the more complex aspects of creating the media codes) much the way I do with AME on vBulletin. But I don't want to make the set unwieldy for you and your users, with a lot of updates they have to spend a lot of time sorting through.

I'll look into the code some more and see if I can offer some suggestions.

yeah it will get added as well..

The way i see it when the addon gets installed it would be best to not add the bbcodes to the system...and then have an options panel for the bbcodes list with a on/off toggle option in front of each which is maintained on upgrades with new codes needed to be manually added to the 'use these bbcodes options' if that makes any sense

I mocked up the html and css for this to display what a mediasite's manager of sorts would need...
this is what I would like to get added to the media site list view ...Media_Sites_Manager.added_to_mediasites_list.1.cropped.webp
Media_Sites_Manager.added_to_mediasites_list.1.cropped.webp

If you do update this, any chance of getting Hulu added?
I already have Hulu done with start stop and splash control enabled...

Debating on if I should add it to the pack or release it alone....but yeah either way it will be up soon.

Kopped. There's something wrong with the zip archive. I had to use my .rar program as opposed to the built in .zip manager. Just letting you know. Looking forward to the update of all the sites.
Try it now...I have no problems with the archive myself after just testing myself.

I used a different app to make the zip...should be fine for you now. Check the update and lemme know.

Try it now...I have no problems with the archive myself after just testing myself.

I used a different app to make the zip...should be fine for you now. Check the update and lemme know.

Yep, that fixed it. I got it to open before. Just letting you know so other people wouldn't run into problems with it.

Top Bottom