BBcode MediaSites Package [Deleted]

may I ask which "media sites" are already included in this package ?

:)

In the current version released the list will always be here...I will update that post as updates are pushed for this package. At this point expect an update in a week give or take a few days.

Sweet, after Amazon is added into the main add on, I will upgrade for sure. Should I delete my old one or will it upgrade directly? (its a REALLY old version)

Hey, still having some trouble with ESPN. Tried to use this video today:

http://espnfc.com/video/espnfc/video?id=intl:1453785&cc=5901

Not sure if it didn't work because the main link isn't espn.com, or the code is busted. I had trouble with a similar link from the mlb.espn site the other day.

I believe that is a new primarily soccer dedicated studio based in Europe and that it just launched officially 6 days ago.

At first glance I think I will have to add a second BBcode for ESPNFC specifically for this as I notice quite a bit of unique url structures and the embed will be totally different than the rest of espn.

Sweet, after Amazon is added into the main add on, I will upgrade for sure. Should I delete my old one or will it upgrade directly? (its a REALLY old version)
It should write over it assuming the bbcode was made the same, but if you are conscience of it already and I was you, I would be safe and just delete the old bbcode first and update the package.

Also if you want to backup your old one for whatever reason...just create a new addon, add the old bbcode to that addon, and then export the addon. That addon xml will act as an installer for that bbcode in the event that you ever want to revert to it.

I believe that is a new primarily soccer dedicated studio based in Europe and that it just launched officially 6 days ago.

At first glance I think I will have to add a second BBcode for ESPNFC specifically for this as I notice quite a bit of unique url structures and the embed will be totally different than the rest of espn.

I figured as much. Sadly, it seems that's the way they're going to be going from here on out.

Sorry, I mean from trailers.apple.com . I thought it was iTunes for some reason.
Well here is the thing...there is no public api available for that and a programmatic scrape of apple.com/trailers is something against their developer policy and since they obviously don't want to extend any kind of embedding it is probably not very legal simply because they have the money to say so about content coming from their site and they say it is against their developer agreement which doesn't apply to me but all the same that can be pretty much interpreted as the trailers page is off limits...which is either pretty stupid or is because of some agreement of some kind if I had to guess.

In short no I wont be doing that as I am just going to stay away from the trailers on their site with the bbcodes concerned. They don't want genuine promotion from forum users then that is their problem and I probably will just stick to the itunes api for what I do with it.

Well here is the thing...there is no public api available for that and a programmatic scrape of apple.com/trailers is something against their developer policy and since they obviously don't want to extend any kind of embedding it is probably not very legal simply because they have the money to say so about content coming from their site and they say it is against their developer agreement which doesn't apply to me but all the same that can be pretty much interpreted as the trailers page is off limits...which is either pretty stupid or is because of some agreement of some kind if I had to guess.

In short no I wont be doing that as I am just going to stay away from the trailers on their site with the bbcodes concerned. They don't want genuine promotion from forum users then that is their problem and I probably will just stick to the itunes api for what I do with it.

What about iTunes affiliate embedding? It is hard to get in their program, but I am a member and embedding song previews could be very lucrative.

http://linkmaker.itunes.apple.com

I made my own that is much more intensive... ( http://ibro.ws/?appId=343200656 ) <-- this is the last rough mockup I have on a live server (it is set for apps only and it is a rough mockup of the final product ) that I made before the final one which I almost have completed with all of the finishing touches...the problem is I was going to do it for a paid one of a kind addon for someone but I kept working on it until I had spent so many hours working on it that what I would have been paid would have really been almost nothing.

The person wants the source and wants rewrite the thing from php completely to js which would also automatically make it available for anyone to grab so I kind of can't really do anything with it and really I have no way to recoup my losses from the time spent on it. If I could break even or close to in comparison to hours spent I would release the source code and allow for it to be modified and redistributed here by any xf license holder but I don't see that happening

I will be making a bbcode mediasite available that gets the generated embed from my server to those who register at http://bbcod.es when the site is ready for registrations. There will be two display options, one that resembles the first link that I posted and the second will be quite more compact but that is all I am willing to say about it at this time. Both of those would support affiliates

I made my own that is much more intensive... ( http://ibro.ws/?appId=343200656 ) <-- this is the last rough mockup I have on a live server (it is set for apps only and it is a rough mockup of the final product ) that I made before the final one which I almost have completed with all of the finishing touches...the problem is I was going to do it for a paid one of a kind addon for someone but I kept working on it until I had spent so many hours working on it that what I would have been paid would have really been almost nothing.

The person wants the source and wants rewrite the thing from php completely to js which would also automatically make it available for anyone to grab so I kind of can't really do anything with it and really I have no way to recoup my losses from the time spent on it. If I could break even or close to in comparison to hours spent I would release the source code and allow for it to be modified and redistributed here by any xf license holder but I don't see that happening

I will be making a bbcode mediasite available that gets the generated embed from my server to those who register at http://bbcod.es when the site is ready for registrations. There will be two display options, one that resembles the first link that I posted and the second will be quite more compact but that is all I am willing to say about it at this time. Both of those would support affiliates
Very cool. does it work with the linkshare affiliate links for itunes? Id be very interested. Signing up for your forum!

Top Bottom