Browser issue BBCode annoyance...

0xym0r0n

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate! This is not a serious issue, but it's a tad bit annoying if you're like me and make to-do lists in your staff sections or for tournaments *cross loser names out*.

When editing or creating a new thread/reply such as this

TITLE OF SOMETHING IMPORTANT
SOME TEXT GOES HERE. blah blah blah blah blah.
AND more blah blah blah.​

Let say you want to edit it and use "strike-through" to strike it ALL out. *select all text and press the strike-through button* So it should look like this, if I strike it out, right?

AND more blah blah blah.
BUT it actually turns out this way... *notice that it underlines everything*

AND more blah blah blah.

It's just a little annoying, not a big must fix NOW issue. Not sure if it can be fixed or not, but I don't like like highlighting two separate things to make the same result.

I apologize if this is confusing!

This is on 1.2 I do not have any add-ons that should conflict with this. I can confirm that the issue happens here on xenforo as well. I am using Chrome 28.0.1500.95

I'm not even sure if it's an issue. I never seemed to run into the issue on the previous version of XF.

This appears to be a Webkit bug (it happens in an older version of Safari as well). Adding the strike through when the cursor is in an underlined area triggers it. We defer more things to the browser now, so there isn't a trivial way of fixing it.

This will likely get tagged as a browser bug for now, but I need to get together a simple test case so I can report the bug.

Top Bottom