XF 2.2 BB code toolbar in the text editor shows wrong size when changing screen size

CStrategies

Not sure if this is a bug or some kind of style issue. I have custom BB code toolbar settings in ACP -> Content -> BB code button manager. However, the text editor in the forums shows the wrong size button toolbar.

I.e., On a normal screen size, I see the "large" toolbar, and on a wide-screen style, I see the "medium" toolbar.

When adding a resource through XFRM (another location for the text editor) the situation is correctly reversed. Wide screen style gives me "large" toolbar and normal screen style gives me "medium" toolbar.

Not sure if this is a bug or some kind of style issue. I have custom BB code toolbar settings in ACP -> Content -> BB code button manager. However, the text editor in the forums shows the wrong size button toolbar.

I.e., On a normal screen size, I see the "large" toolbar, and on a wide-screen style, I see the "medium" toolbar.

When adding a resource through XFRM (another location for the text editor) the situation is correctly reversed. Wide screen style gives me "large" toolbar and normal screen style gives me "medium" toolbar.
Don't forget it is not always the literal screen size. It may depend on whether there is or isn't a sidebar

So a large toolbar can show on a page at a certain browser width if there is no sidebar, yet at the same browser width with a sidebar its shows the medium toolbar. Makes sense if you think about it as mites the available space for the toolbar that counts.

It's more based on browser width rather than your computers's screen resolution

Don't forget it is not always the literal screen size. It may depend on whether there is or isn't a sidebar

So a large toolbar can show on a page at a certain browser width if there is no sidebar, yet at the same browser width with a sidebar its shows the medium toolbar. Makes sense if you think about it as mites the available space for the toolbar that counts.

It's more based on browser width rather than your computers's screen resolution

Right, this is understood. But the issue isn't that the toolbar is shrinking, it's that it is getting larger when the width of the browser/viewing window is smaller. In other words, smaller window = more buttons, larger window = less buttons. The opposite of what you would expect.

Top Bottom