• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

BB Code Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
A new updated version has been uploaded to fix my numerous stupid, stupid programming errors! Please redownload and install!

And now, I'm extremely proud to announce the immediate release of v1.2, the next generation, Xen-Powerful version of BB Code Manager! What does this mean for you? Well, the add-on comes with 5 custom BB Codes by default:
  • Header ([h2][/h2])
  • Float ([float="right/left/middle"][/float])
  • Spoiler ( OR )
  • User (Username OR [user]Username[/user])
  • Flash ([flash="width, height"]movieURL[/flash] OR [flash]movieURL[/flash])
What's new in v1.2?
  1. Powerful new options that expose all of the options available via PHP (would have required the author to follow my guide, rather than use this).
  2. Support for an arbitrary number of options, with the ability to reuse them through a new "advanced options" set up that will find and replace strings in the following format {1}, {2}, {3}, etc. where each number represents that particular options.
  3. A new, standardized way for those who use PHP callback to use multiple parameters (such as the spoiler and flash BB codes).
  4. An import, export system! Now, its easier than ever to share your creations via an easy to use import and export system that is modeled after the add-on import system, so it should be familiar to all of you. There is a BB Code repository collection started here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bb-code-manager-bb-code-xml-repository.8470/
  5. And of course, there is the required bug fixes in each update!
And of course, you can still do all the same things as v1.1... you can easily add you're own Custom BB Codes via an easy to understand, very XenForo-esqu manager in the ACP (found along with Media BB Code Sites set up & Smilies). This allows you to see your codes, search your codes, enable, disable, add, edit, delete -- all from a powerful set up:

(home)
ACP Home.webp

(add)
Add BBCode.webp

(edit)
Edit BBCode.webp
But, just to be sure that you're users know all about your codes, v1.1 integrates with the BB Code Help page to show any & all active Custom BB Codes.
Help.webp

And, there are only 2 known problems:
  1. If you attempt to add a new BB Code, and set the tag as one previously added, it will overwrite the previous tag rather than rejecting this. Be very careful when adding tags. This will be fixed in v1.1.1 soon.
  2. There is no editor integration until I solve that one.
And, as if this simple system was powerful enough, if you have knowledge with PHP you can set a tag to have a PHP Callback (Spoiler, Flash, and User all use this), which allows you access to all of XenForo, and more power things that even I haven't thought of!

Now, how do we get this installed / updated?

Installation Instructions
  1. Upload the /KingK/ directory to your /library/ directory if you don't already have a /KingK/ directory. If you do, upload the BbCodeManager directory to your /library/KingK/ directory. (Note: just upload /KingK/, nobody should have it already!)
  2. Install add-on XML which is located within the /KingK/BbCodeManager/ directory.
  3. Edit the template help_bb_codes and add the following right before the final </ul>:
    HTML:
     <xen:include template="help_custom_bbcodes" />
  4. Enjoy!
Upgrade Instructions
  1. Upload the new files.
  2. Import XML located in the /KingK/BbCodeManager/ directory.
  3. If you modified help_custom_bbcodes, please revert or merge changes.
  4. Enjoy the new features!
Enjoy!

You may not redistribute BBCode Manager or any of my other add-ons without prior permission. This is copyrighted code, and any release not prior authorized will be handled as theft of code.

Attachments

Watching this thread and the added BBCode options added ;)

Definitely will be adding for the spoiler code though, just not sure when.

Thanks for sharing KK! :D

Martyn is having issues getting the user tag to work properly, I'm looking into it for him, and hopefully, if it is an error with my program, I will update real quick. :/ Let's hope its not that as it works for me.

I successfully installed BbCodeManager. I can see it at addons list, but i can't use the provided bbcodes. I don't see the buttons (spoiler etc) at the editor.
Can u tell me why ?

I successfully installed BbCodeManager. I can see it at addons list, but i can't use the provided bbcodes. I don't see the buttons (spoiler etc) at the editor.
Can u tell me why ?
I expect you need to manually enter the codes as editing the editor is a separate issue.
Ok, I'll admit it, the title is misleading... (for now.)
Do you want me to edit the title?

I've never installed an add-on before, what's the procedure?

I expect you need to manually enter the codes as editing the editor is a separate issue.

upload the files to the correct place, upload the xml file.. via install addon :)

Just upload to your /library/ in install the XML. And nope, it'll be a full blown manager anyways.

Can u tell me why ?

Use them manually, I will have to look into getting them into the editor (I didn't see an easy way).

BB code spoiler isn't work well. I post this code
Code:
[spoiler="here title of spoiler"]text spoiler[/spoiler]
Secondly I press on button "here title of spoiler"
Thirdly I press on button "Hide"
And then I see button "Show spoiler", and not the name of the spoiler. Why? Can you fix it?

BB code spoiler isn't work well. I post this code
Code:
[spoiler="here title of spoiler"]text spoiler[/spoiler]
Secondly I press on button "here title of spoiler"
Thirdly I press on button "Hide"
And then I see button "Show spoiler", and not the name of the spoiler. Why? Can you fix it?
Can you post a screen shot please? I'm not understanding the issue.

When trying to extract it in Windows 7, I got the message that.... (ah hell! I've already forgotten it). Something like, "a file is preventing something-something encryption, do you want to ___ anyway." Anybody know what I mean from that vague, unhelplful description?

http://floomby.ru/content/IhOuDs960e/
then I press on button "Скрыть" (en: "hide")
http://floomby.ru/content/OD5ER7le0E/
And then I saw a bug. Name of the spoiler changed to "Показать спойлер" (en: Show Spoiler)
http://floomby.ru/content/N9oSiNTaBk/

Ah. So "button" changes to "show spoiler"? Looks like I need a helper function for that.

When trying to extract it in Windows 7, I got the message that.... (ah hell! I've already forgotten it). Something like, "a file is preventing something-something encryption, do you want to ___ anyway." Anybody know what I mean from that vague, unhelplful description?

I cannot possibly know why that is happening, but it should be fine if you open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom