• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

BB Code Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
had to like that post...and agree appraise is in order for KK
....his add-on enabled me to convert and avoid a lot of threads being messed up due to custom BB Code.

This thread demonstrates just how much we use tables for example :D
http://www.cliptheapex.com/community/threads/f1-2010-standings-results.1049/
And also because .... I mean ... damn that's a lot of data :-)

only took forever to load that page ;)

According to Firebug it was only 22.926 seconds to load
It was more than likely... his server sent it to you quick but there was so much data that it took your browser that long to render the page complete :-) I clicked the link...it was blank for 4 seconds exactly then poof the whole page was there...that's why I made this observation.

What exactly do you need there Lenin?
need is to know if this can be done
[flash] http:// any page.com [/ flash] without problems, and when I do so .. get the following error:
The controller does not defined an action street.

yes, I will upload a bbcode you can try for now... check the bbcode XML repository thread in a short while, I'll change the code up for you right now. All you will need to do is import it and you should be good...I'll obviously test it first. Gimme a few...

thanks EQnoble
NP
In case you didn't check this already , the bbocde is here along with others.

I will be adding swf to my uploader as well and making using version of that tag so my usage will be
Code:
[swf]object[/swf]

Now that I have Eclipse and Zend server 5 installed I may just be able to make a worthy uploader that ties in inline with the editor instead of my standalone versions so I can do some click to add to post and add inside the tags automatically which is my eventual goal for all my bbcodes that will utilize media or docs locally gathered from the community via an uploader.

Thanks, donation just sent.

In addition to chat, we would have had problems switching from phpBB to XenForo without custom BB Code, so credit where it's due :)

I was surprised to see that it wasn't available by default. I already have aliases working for the next version. I think there's 1 issue left.

I think Mike posted a while ago that it's something they were looking at for the future.

I would also suggest you put your PayPal address in your opening post, in case others want to donate.

I had a "duh" moment tonight and thought of a way to completely simplify the backend while making it much more powerful. Here's a screen cast of the UI. Notable changes:
  1. Tabs
  2. Options no longer asks for "advanced" or "simple" options, and if you increase the spinner past 0, it has options, but it doesn't require them.
  3. Help Section shall be twice as powerful.
  4. Advanced options are hidden away when not wanted.
And now the screen cast... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12898142/Upcoming BBCM 1.3 UI.mov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom