XF 1.2 BB Code Buttons No Longer Showing

LeaderJ

Hello,

Just installed XenForo 1.2 today. I'm using the Animate theme by XenFocus on my site, www.ioncraft.org.

After upgrading to 1.2, when composing a new thread, or replying to one, the BB Code Buttons which usually appear at the top of the editor no longer appear.

I've gone to the Templates and ran the Automatically Merge Changes button, but it still shows a lot of outdated templates, with many of them showing "Error The custom template is out of date but has been edited more recently than the parent. Merging can only be done by hand." when I try to manually click the Merge button.

Anyways, I'm assuming this is simply an outdated template error, but I'm no expert. Could anyone please offer me some assistance so that I can fix this problem. Thank you!

Yes, so you need to make sure you have a folder in your custom theme that contains the new redactor icons:

styles/default/xenforo/editor/

I cleared my browser cache. However, the icons still do not appear. I do not think its an issue of missing icons but more of the actual buttons aren't there...

Based on your first post (lots of outdated templates) it seems as though the style is not compatible with 1.2 and will require an update from the designer.

You should try it on the XenForo default style to prove this.

If you do not have the default, you can create a new style in the Admin CP without a parent and that will create the XF default.

If it works on that then you need support from your style author.

It is slightly odd, however, what you're describing.

When in a thread press F12 in your browser and paste here any errors you may find in the Console.

If there are missing files that will tell us - amongst other things.

Do you have a test account on your site, as I couldn't sign up to take a look?
Username: Test
Password: 123

Based on your first post (lots of outdated templates) it seems as though the style is not compatible with 1.2 and will require an update from the designer.
This is most likely. The designer did respond to me and said that since the style is currently outdated, he doesn't know how to fix it. He's updating the style sometime in the far future.

You should try it on the XenForo default style to prove this.

If you do not have the default, you can create a new style in the Admin CP without a parent and that will create the XF default.

If it works on that then you need support from your style author.

It is slightly odd, however, what you're describing.

When in a thread press F12 in your browser and paste here any errors you may find in the Console.

If there are missing files that will tell us - amongst other things.

The buttons appear and work correctly while using the default style. When I hit F12, the Inspect Element window appears, but I'm not sure how to check for errors/missing files.

Fixing the editor buttons is only going to be a small part of the work required.

As you have stated there are lots of outdated templates it's going to be a lot of work to get the style to work in 1.2.

I would recommend going with a different style which is compatible with 1.2, at least until the designer has updated it.

Fixing the editor buttons is only going to be a small part of the work required.

AS you have stated there are lots of outdated templates it's going to be a lot of work to get the style to work in 1.2.

I would recommend going with a different style which is compatible with 1.2, at least until the designer has updated it.

Thanks for your help Brogan

There is no CSS associated with the redactor toolbar in your custom theme which is why it's not displaying. The divs are there, but there is nothing to style it.

Top Bottom