Batch Update Tags

Batch Update Tags 1.1

No permission to download
This is going to be an awesome add-on, I can't wait to switch to XF 1.5!

I got another idea...
If we could have a "tag change log" with integrated undo button. So we can revert something we did in the past.
Lets say I add 146 tags "XF" to threads that have the "XenForo" in it. The log could state 146 "XF" tags added. Undo

But I also understand this might be more complex. It's just an idea... :)

Cool but it's really more complex as you said. Currently, i have no ideas how to do so :p

Add-on seems like a superb idea. Will try.

In the interest of getting your users to employ tags as much as possible, I wonder whether it would be possible to make something like this available on the user end?

Add-on seems like a superb idea. Will try.

In the interest of getting your users to employ tags as much as possible, I wonder whether it would be possible to make something like this available on the user end?
I think this tool should be available for staff only. It's really hard to manage our community tags if we give users the ability to search and tag everything.

Hi Tan Tran,

I have a list of tags I would like to add (I don't allow my users to create tags) they can only use them.

That list is long...
Is there a way to add those tags without adding them to a thread?

That might require an addon to import tags from text file. But I have not tried anything like that before, sorry.

It would be great to be able to save several searches and tagging options and then run them using a Cron.

Just updated a tag. It was in 1 thread and updated it to tag 28 other threads. It doesn't show in the search. Is this a cache thing?

I got it there was another part to do. Have to get used to it.

Question: Are the 2 tags for example: Terminator The Terminator

considered the same thing?

Last edited:
Just updated a tag. It was in 1 thread and updated it to tag 28 other threads. It doesn't show in the search. Is this a cache thing?

I got it there was another part to do. Have to get used to it.

Question: Are the 2 tags for example: Terminator The Terminator

considered the same thing?
NO, they will be saved as two different tags in XenForo.

I have a question and I can't quite put my finger on the answer.

What about the tags that were within a thread created by XenTag before Xenforo 1.5

In other words, I click on a tag in a thread that was created via XenTag and I get a Tag not found page.

I have a question and I can't quite put my finger on the answer.

What about the tags that were within a thread created by XenTag before Xenforo 1.5

In other words, I click on a tag in a thread that was created via XenTag and I get a Tag not found page.
You have to import XenTag to XenForo tag system. There are some importers out there, you can check out:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xentag-importer.4467/
https://xenforo.com/community/resou...porter-for-tinhte-xentag-to-xenforo-1-5.4403/

ok. i have a query. i searched for uber and it added tags to threads containing sauber and ubertwitter. how do i restrict the search to keyword independently?

This addon extends the functionality of the Xenforo Batch Update Threads and they use the same title search conditions.
XenForo_Model_Thread -> prepareThreadConditions
PHP:
    if (!empty($conditions['title']))
     {
       if (is_array($conditions['title']))
       {
         $sqlConditions[] = 'thread.title LIKE ' . XenForo_Db::quoteLike($conditions['title'][0], $conditions['title'][1], $db);
       }
       else
       {
         $sqlConditions[] = 'thread.title LIKE ' . XenForo_Db::quoteLike($conditions['title'], 'lr', $db);
       }
     }

So you have to modify this condiction or create a new one.

I realize this add-on allows one to search for matching criteria in the TITLE of a thread, but what would it take to be able to search within the BODY of threads for matching keywords in order to revise tags?

I realize this add-on allows one to search for matching criteria in the TITLE of a thread, but what would it take to be able to search within the BODY of threads for matching keywords in order to revise tags?
Currently, Searching within the body is not supported. Sorry.

Top Bottom