Batch Update Tags

Batch Update Tags 1.1

No permission to download

Tan Tran

I'm definitely going to try this when i'm on 1.5 :)
Is it also possible to remove tags in batch?

Whoohoo, that was fast! :D
Thanks LeoTran

I'm running beta 2 now and I'm trying to remove 1 tag from several posts without touching the other tags.
That doesn't seems to be possible. I can replace, remove or update everything but not delete 1 tag if I have more tags.
Or did I miss something?

Whoohoo, that was fast! :D
Thanks LeoTran

I'm running beta 2 now and I'm trying to remove 1 tag from several posts without touching the other tags.
That doesn't seems to be possible. I can replace, remove or update everything but not delete 1 tag if I have more tags.
Or did I miss something?

Yes, currently, you can not remove 1 tag without touching others. "Remove existing tags" option will remove all tags from threads.

Yes, currently, you can not remove 1 tag without touching others. "Remove existing tags" option will remove all tags from threads.
And that was just my idea about remove tags. I don't want to touch tags that are uploaded by a user. But I would like to be able to remove and add tags that I think there are missing.
This way you can easily experiment with tags / keywords. :) If you miss something somewhere, just add the tag. If it's not working, delete the tag. (y)

And that was just my idea about remove tags. I don't want to touch tags that are uploaded by a user. But I would like to be able to remove and add tags that I think there are missing.
This way you can easily experiment with tags / keywords. :) If you miss something somewhere, just add the tag. If it's not working, delete the tag.
I think that's possible, i will try to implement in the next update.

hm ok i have test it ... now i have some error :(

Code:
Server Error

copy(./library/BatchUpdateTags/ControllerAdmin/Thread.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
copy() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 60
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->recursiveCopy() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 64
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->recursiveCopy() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 64
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->recursiveCopy() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 251
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /www/htdocs/../.../admin.php at line 13

I don't know why but it was fine on my localhost.
XenForo 1.5 Beta 4 with Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.2.2

This is going to be an awesome add-on, I can't wait to switch to XF 1.5!

I got another idea...
If we could have a "tag change log" with integrated undo button. So we can revert something we did in the past.
Lets say I add 146 tags "XF" to threads that have the "XenForo" in it. The log could state 146 "XF" tags added. Undo

But I also understand this might be more complex. It's just an idea... :-)

Top Bottom