Lack of interest Batch add tags

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Fred.

I would like to add a list of tags so users can use them. (I don’t allow my users to generate tags)
There seems to be no way to add multiple tags.

It’s not the same than this Batch Update Tags

I would just like to add tags to the system without adding them to a thread.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would just like to add tags to the system without adding them to a thread.
Is this the fundamental part of the suggestion or is it specifically batch adding? Because you can create tags in the control panel.

Is this the fundamental part of the suggestion or is it specifically batch adding? Because you can create tags in the control panel.
It's fundamental. I would like to add a lot of tags just with a few cliks . If I have to add them one by one it's going to take forever. So yes, batch adding.
I know, I started adding the most important tags one by one... :coffee:

It's fundamental. I would like to add a lot of tags just with a few cliks . If I have to add them one by one it's going to take forever. So yes, batch adding.
I know, I started adding the most important tags one by one... :coffee:

In the mean time what you could do is, create a thread and type all the tags you want. Then go to phpmyadmin and run this query
Code:
update xf_tag set permanent = 1
and then remove them all from that thread. The query makes all your tags "permanent" ones, so removing them from the thread won't remove them. Granted it's not exactly what you want but at least you can just do "test, test2, another, one, words" instead of doing it one at a time and clicking "permanent" in the admin panel each time.

In the mean time what you could do is, create a thread and type all the tags you want. Then go to phpmyadmin and run this query
Code:
update xf_tag set permanent = 1
and then remove them all from that thread. The query makes all your tags "permanent" ones, so removing them from the thread won't remove them. Granted it's not exactly what you want but at least you can just do "test, test2, another, one, words" instead of doing it one at a time and clicking "permanent" in the admin panel each time.
Thanks for that Daniel (y)
I'm going to do that.

I would just like to add tags to the system without adding them to a thread

agree.

would be great if we could just add a lot of tags (e.g.: 1000 tags or 5000 tags) into a form in the backend which are not related to a certain thread, but will be useable by members.

Top Bottom