Basketball Forum

royalduke

Hey,

Well I created a basketball forum with XenForo at http://talkbasketball.info

I've added content to the site, written articles, submitted to reddit, stumbleupon, and Facebook but still no members :( The site has been going for 5 days now.

What am I doing wrong? I don't have any experience with sport forums. Should I change anything?

Please help,

Thanks.

I didn't click the link but 5 days is the issue here.
Building a forum takes time.. some admins can build a forum for a few months and not really have any members yet.
Don't give up ;)

Nice looking forum, I spot the superb Aurora skin.

As for no members in 5 days: If this is just a brand new forum then you should be looking at timescales of months or years to build up a community especially with a subject that's quite well covered already. An influx of members initially usually only happens if the forum is an extension of an already busy community or website where you already have readers/customers to call on. In the meantime, keep spreading the word, keep writing new content, but above all, think about something that will give you a unique angle or style, to make you different than other communities.

I've been running sports bettting forums for years and as allready mentioned any forum takes time to build up, it won't happen over night.

The best way to start a community is to lay down good foundations first, i.e know your stuff and post on other forums to gain a reputation and earn the respect of other members, then when you start your own forum people will gladly back you.
Going it alone from scratch takes a lot of time if your just going to rely on google, you need to get out there and start leaving link backs with relative sites, which is easier said than done. i know, but you won't get anywhere just sitting back and expecting traffic to come to you.

I've been running sports bettting forums for years and as allready mentioned any forum takes time to build up, it won't happen over night.

The best way to start a community is to lay down good foundations first, i.e know your stuff and post on other forums to gain a reputation and earn the respect of other members, then when you start your own forum people will gladly back you.
Going it alone from scratch takes a lot of time if your just going to rely on google, you need to get out there and start leaving link backs with relative sites, which is easier said than done. i know, but you won't get anywhere just sitting back and expecting traffic to come to you.

I know basketball really well, watching the game and playing it in my spare time.

Also, registration is not disabled (I just registered an account to make sure), can you please try again, I really want some new members.

Anyways, I've been spreading the link on Facebook, stumbleupon and reddit some of the articles I write, etc.

maybe I'm just used to seeing fast results :( my other websites did very well but then again, those were different niches and this is my first time going into a sports niche.

Not bad but i don't find that style so interesting for basketball based site . It takes a while to get the traffic and registration go up so start passing up the word about website while you go out to play basketball with your friends . Working up on flyers and putting them around the public basketball courts will help too .

Aye my fault, registration looks fine now.

one thing i did notice though and that's you haven't associated your website with a facebook account, i cannot see the 'login with facebook' option.

Really nice and clean except for your logo. Rough around the edges. Just tweak and you're golden.

aurora_logo.png

+1
The letters in the title look jagged and are hard to read.
I don't like the font or the coloring of the letters.

Okay, I've changed the banner now, what do you guys think?
Any other advice and tips, for maybe plugins?

I'm new to Xenforo and don't know any plugins that may be useful to me.

Top Bottom