Barefooting

Shelley

Been pondering how to word this so I'll just come out with it. Bare Footing, do you?

Recently after a little dialogue and a chance to reflect I recently went bare footing. What is bare footing I hear you ask, it's walking elegantly without the surroundings of leather suffocating your feet aka walking everywhere bare foot.

This morning, I started bare footing and with a doctors appointment early this morning I plucked up the courage and took a drive down to the medical centre and walked in from the rain bare footed. Leaving footprints from the rain I became concious but with that aside it does feel comfortable. Sure, I got some strange looks but I blanked that out.

Anyway. Would you bare foot? Consider it even? maybe your a bare footing fanatic and have enjoyed this for years? Share your tales, stories and experiences even thoughts or maybe considerations in allocating time to bare footing.

Ps. There's really nothing like walking in the rain and the mud oozing up between your toes. *looks at feet*

I couldn't agree more. Shoes and I don't really get on, so I generally do without them.

I much prefer to feel the ground I'm walking on than have me feet all trussed up in footwear that tends to be unnecessary in most cases. I guess that makes me a barefooter too :)

I never ever ever wear shoes at home, but as for walking around in the big bad world without them.. hmm I doubt it, my feets are quite delicate and pathetically ouchy when walking on rough surfaces, not to mention the ick that is everywhere you walk.

Having said all that, I was a total barefoot urchin as a child, my poor mother would have to drag me screaming and wailing to put shoes on me, I lived in a semi rural part of the country for a while, and we were allowed to not wear shoes to school.. so needless to say we didn't :D

Good on you for being so brave Shelly!

I have a 72 y/o neighbour who is quite eccentric and who never wears shoes, mad as a cut snake he is, but I am sure the shoelessness is not the cause :p

as for walking around in the big bad world without them.. hmm I doubt it, my feets are quite delicate and pathetically ouchy when walking on rough surfaces, not to mention the ick that is everywhere you walk:p
How rough is rough? There are very few everyday surfaces in this country that I consider to be too rough for relatively acclimatised bare feet. I do think that people overstate the amount of ick that's on the ground - it's easy to avoid the stuff you really wouldn't want to step on or in around here. ;)

How rough is rough? There are very few everyday surfaces in this country that I consider to be too rough for relatively acclimatised bare feet. I do think that people overstate the amount of ick that's on the ground - it's easy to avoid the stuff you really wouldn't want to step on or in around here. ;)

This is Australia Kier.. not your soft and gentle mamby pamby Brit stuff.. we are talking deadly critters and roads so rough you need a 4WD to get to the shops :p lol
Not really that bad, I lived most of my life in pretty upmarket areas of Sydney, but I wouldn't really want to walk on the footpaths barefooted!!!

I tend to go hiking a bit on the weekend, or something similar, I wouldn't wear anything less then shoes then ;p.

I don't wear shoes often when I'm inside, nor when I'm driving, and if I have to wear something, I'll go for sandals.

Sad thing is, I have tons of shoes, but the only time I really wear them is when I go out to eat somewhere, or when I have to dress up (With my nicer shoes). 

I lived most of my life in pretty upmarket areas of Sydney, but I wouldn't really want to walk on the footpaths barefooted!!!
Footpaths around here tend to result in fairly black soles, but nothing worse than that, and nothing that a soak doesn't remove.

Footpaths around here tend to result in fairly black soles, but nothing worse than that, and nothing that a soak doesn't remove.

Yes it would probably be the same here too, but WHAT that black stuff comprised is what would bother me
yikes.gif

I personally feel once your feet have adapted to bare footing and the skin toughens I think the evolved foot would be a far superior choice over any 4x4 solution to get from point a to point b. An assumption on my part I'll admit. Reading an article, I can see this being an advantage pending on the longevity and motivation of anyone persons bare footing adventures.

I have over 24 hours to go with regards to my bare footing probationary period ends. :)

I personally feel once your feet have adapted to bare footing and the skin toughens I think the evolved foot would be a far superior choice over any 4x4 solution to get from point a to point b. An assumption on my part I'll admit. Reading an article, I can see this being an advantage pending on the longevity and motivation of anyone persons bare footing adventures.

I have over 24 hours to go with regards to my bare footing probationary period ends. :)

Well good luck with it Shelly!

I wish I wasn't such a wimp about it.. but when you find walking around outside barefoot to be an "Ooo" "owww" "Ooo" "owww" "sh#7" "omg wtf WAS that" kind of adventure, I have to admit defeat. And for all the joking there is a real danger in this country from Funnel Web Spiders in particular in Sydney, we have to make our son wear shoes especially at night and especially in the warmer months (most of the year), so sad as there is nothing better than the feeling of grass on your feet, or of mud as you said, such a great feeling!!! I remember going to New Zealand (no deadly spiders or snakes) and just rejoicing in being able to run around in the grass without shoes on, this was only a few years ago too :p

I wish I could be that kid again who never wore shoes, who didn't care and wouldn't listen, who competed in sprint foot races barefoot.. *sigh*

I read something not long ago about these almost barefoot shoe things, I thought at the time that might be worthwhile.

Top Bottom