XF 2.2 Banned members can post

A banned member is still posting on my forum, I checked his permission, he is not allowed to do anything, why is this? It's never happened before, thanks!

I'm using 2.2.1

No groups under "Secondary User Groups“ was checked.
That setting should look something like this:
usergroups.jpg

By default there is no "banned" usergroup in xenforo. I suspect the perms are muddied because either your accounts are in a primary usergroup other than "Registered" or, you have created that "banned" usergroup and its perms are overriding the ban. The above is pretty common for vBulletin people to do when they first start using xenforo instead.

Did you ban them on XF or on vB?

The way it checks is if the is_banned column on the user table is set to 1, that's separate from the bans table. I'd suspect the ban entry is there, but the column on the user table is 0.

Edit: hm no, it uses that column to show the "Banned" text on the user edit form. There must be something else interfering with the controller logic then.

The permissions analysis is irrelevant - banned supersedes everything.
That's good to know.

Everything looks right now, except he can post.

Did you ban them on XF or on vB?

The way it checks is if the is_banned column on the user table is set to 1, that's separate from the bans table. I'd suspect the ban entry is there, but the column on the user table is 0.

Edit: hm no, it uses that column to show the "Banned" text on the user edit form. There must be something else interfering with the controller logic then.
On XF, it's converted a few years ago and has been running smoothly since then. A very active forum, more than 1000 posts per day.

Do you have any third party add-ons installed?

Are there any entries in the ACP error log?

As above, it sounds like the banned flag hasn't been updated in the table.

Do you have any third party add-ons installed?
Only 2 official addons.
Are there any entries in the ACP error log?
No.
As above, it sounds like the banned flag hasn't been updated in the table.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe the banned state wasn't synchronized across the board. But the ban was done 24 hours ago.

Now the banned user was offline, he stopped after making 2 posts. Let's see if he will post again, maybe he couldn't post any more?

Top Bottom