Backup Storage

AppleAndMango

What do you use to backup?

I've been thinking of using AWS S3, the forum I run isn't massive less than a 1GB including files and the database so it should cost pennies.

What do you use and what does it cost?

I've been thinking of using AWS S3, the forum I run isn't massive less than a 1GB including files and the database so it should cost pennies.
I use both a backup VPS and S3 storage. I've a bit more than 1Gb, so s3 is a few $ for me instead of a few pennies.
S3 is an excellent solution.

We use r1soft SBM on a dedicated server
Did R1 fix their many issues with slow and failing backup data? mainly slower incremental backups that constantly required new disk safes every couple of months, thus making redundant all existing backup ease of access?

Did R1 fix their many issues with slow and failing backup data? mainly slower incremental backups that constantly required new disk safes every couple of months, thus making redundant all existing backup ease of access?

As far as I know, yes. The only problem we have ever had with R1Soft was running hourly backups, where the previous backup didn't finish before the next started.

What do you use to backup?

What do you use and what does it cost?

We backup all of our databases every 6 hours to Amazon S3. After 1 week they go to glacier. After two months they are deleted.

For our public directory, it is backed up once a day and stored on Amazon S3. Then it is moved to Glacier after a week and deleted after a month.

I send an automated third daily backup to an S3, spend less than $1.50 per month. My pruning is a bit selective, keep only a few days worth of files but a couple months worth of database images. To me, the S3 is the "last resort" should there be a problem with my two other daily backups.

Top Bottom