1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue background showing when opening quick nav menu

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by erich37, Mar 24, 2011.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I have my categories so, that when you click on them you get into category-view.
    Meaning I do have "Create Pages for Categories" enabled.

when you are viewing a specific category-page, then you click onto the small icon for "open quick navigation".

then it shows (for about half a second) only the blank background-color of my website, before the "quick navigation menu" is opening up.

Not sure whether is is some delay until the white-transparent overlay and the quick navigation opens. But it does not look great when seeing just the background-color for half a second......

This strange effect does not happen when clicking on the "quick navigation menu" at the homepage (Forum List). It only happens when viewing the categories (category-pages).

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Have you made any changes to the style?

I get no page refreshing at all, just the overlay and a mask.

3. erich37

this effect is also visible on this very website xenforo.com when viewing a specific Forum-list or a Thread.

When I click on that small icon for the "quick navigation menu" , then it flickers a black-colored background.

This effect is not visible when doing the same at the Forums-Homepage.

I remember this strange behaviour was not there before the release of XF 1.0.0

using FireFox 3.6.16

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can't reproduce this, though I'm now running FireFox 4. Can you still reproduce it? At what URL?

If anything, this may just be a browser bug. Flickers usually are.

5. erich37

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's due to the addition of the new footer.

7. erich37

no, I have this flickering at my own website as well.
    And I do not have this footer......

At my own website it flickers with my custom background-color, not the black color.

8. erich37

Mike,

when it would be a "browser bug", then I assume it would flicker as well when clicking onto "quick navigation menu" at the Forums-homepage.
    But as said, it does not flicker when clicking onto "quick navigation menu" when being at the homepage......

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's actually more indication that it is a browser bug - the code that is added is the same, so it's likely reacting to the (unrelated) contents of the page.

10. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

I tend to agree with it being the browser... I have 3.6.16 as well and have the issue but it doesn't happen in any other browser, nor did it happen before upgrading firefox.

erich37 likes this.