Browser issue  background showing when opening quick nav menu

erich37

I have my categories so, that when you click on them you get into category-view.
Meaning I do have "Create Pages for Categories" enabled.

when you are viewing a specific category-page, then you click onto the small icon for "open quick navigation".

then it shows (for about half a second) only the blank background-color of my website, before the "quick navigation menu" is opening up.

Not sure whether is is some delay until the white-transparent overlay and the quick navigation opens. But it does not look great when seeing just the background-color for half a second......

This strange effect does not happen when clicking on the "quick navigation menu" at the homepage (Forum List). It only happens when viewing the categories (category-pages).

Have you made any changes to the style?

I get no page refreshing at all, just the overlay and a mask.

this effect is also visible on this very website xenforo.com when viewing a specific Forum-list or a Thread.

When I click on that small icon for the "quick navigation menu" , then it flickers a black-colored background.

This effect is not visible when doing the same at the Forums-Homepage.

I remember this strange behaviour was not there before the release of XF 1.0.0

using FireFox 3.6.16

I can't reproduce this, though I'm now running FireFox 4. Can you still reproduce it? At what URL?

If anything, this may just be a browser bug. Flickers usually are.

If anything, this may just be a browser bug. Flickers usually are.

Mike,

when it would be a "browser bug", then I assume it would flicker as well when clicking onto "quick navigation menu" at the Forums-homepage.
But as said, it does not flicker when clicking onto "quick navigation menu" when being at the homepage......

That's actually more indication that it is a browser bug - the code that is added is the same, so it's likely reacting to the (unrelated) contents of the page.

I tend to agree with it being the browser... I have 3.6.16 as well and have the issue but it doesn't happen in any other browser, nor did it happen before upgrading firefox.

Top Bottom