1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

background not loading properly

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Rho Delta, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

half the time my site is loading with a plain white background rather than the sunset one I have set that has been working for weeks...

Attached Files:

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Rho Delta

no random image, seems to be working now. It is just an image I have uploaded at imgur

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you are relying on an external server for the image, then that could be the reason.

Consider hosting the image on your own server.

5. Rho Delta

How much will that effect loading time for my site? Will it slow it down/eat up a ton of bandwidth?

6. Jake Bunce

Not as much as you might think. The image is cached in the browser after the first load.

How big is the image?

7. Brogan

8. Rho Delta

changed, thanks for the info

9. Rho Delta

It is happening again and I am self hosting now.

10. Jake Bunce

Can you post the URL so I can see the problem?

11. Rho Delta

12. Jake Bunce

It's working fine for me.

Chrome has some nice dev tools which allow you to see each individual request on a page. If you can reproduce the problem in that browser then the tools may give you some useful information such as a http status code. Also check your server error logs.

13. Rho Delta

Now it is doing it almost every time for me.

14. Rho Delta

help please.

15. Rho Delta

My background loads then turns white for users pretty frequently on many different pages. First we thought it was because we were not hosting the image ourselves, but I started hosting it and it is still happening. I haven't gotten any real answers in the other forum sections so I think it may be a bug of some sort. Thanks. Running 1.1 RC1

www.oldrow.net

16. Brogan

I have moved the thread from bugs to troubleshooting as this is simply something related to your server or style.

You do already have a thread open on this though so I will merge them.

17. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I haven't had any issues with the background image loading here - tried in Chrome, FF, IE9, and IE7.

I'd recommend hiding all modifications to the style but that background image and see if you can still reproduce the problem. It could be related to advertisements messing with the page.

18. Rho Delta

I turned off [bd] rotating ads and I haven't seen it happen again... could be an issue with this add on or adbrite.