Background-Color in Conversation

DSF

How can I change in conversations the Header-background-color via EXTRA.css ?
Is there a way?

So if we wanted the background to be red, are we talking it should look like this:

conversation_view.webp

In EXTRA.css you would add:

Code:
.conversation_view
{
background-color: red;
}

Not that you would want red, of course...

Incidentally, if you wanted a similar effect in the thread view, then it would be:

Code:
.thread_view
{
background-color: red;
}

Just to make sure, do you mean you want the header (with logo block etc) having a different background color when viewing a private conversation?

I would think the easiest way to do that is to add
Code:
#header {
          background-color: red !important;
}
in conversation.css
This is with the disclaimer that I understand the XF template system correctly and that css will only be called when viewing a conversation. If you want to do it with extra.css you will most likely have to use conditionals.

Another way would be to use conditionals in the header html to apply a class if you are looking at a conversation. I would say one single CSS edit to conversation.css is easier.

Yeah, in Conversation.css is a way.
I avoid any templatemodification ... if possible.
In this particular case it would be unavoidable.

But if editing templates is a concern, have you considered the Template Modification System add-on?

It doesn't change any of the original templates and is basically a find and replace type system.

If a new version of XenForo is released all of your templates remain "up to date" and it would be a lot less work to get template modifications to work with the new version.

EDIT: And again MagnusB is right, but that's still a template edit.

I've never used the vBulletin version.

All I know is the XenForo version works perfectly. It's very highly thought of here and I think quite a few people here are advocates for it being included as a core feature.

Top Bottom