AzuCloud - Search keyword cloud

AzuCloud - Search keyword cloud 0.1.2

No permission to download
@Luke Foreman
Do you have plans of updating this plugin to XenForo 1.2 ?
If not, I will just un-install this before updating to Xf 1.2.0

The only thing of concern for 1.2 is:

To import the old forum list page terms to new 'forums/' route in XF1.2, run the following query:

Code:
update ignore dark_azucloud_terms_pages set route='forums/' where route='index'

If you're using any kind of portal or other non-default home page, this may break things or generally not have the desired effect

No update is required and the above is optional

Reactions: rdn
This might fix forum_list keywords.
But threads, forum nodes current keywords gone.

Threads: working fine here (with active controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread:index)

Forum nodes: add this to active controllers:

Code:
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum:forum

Reactions: rdn
It's not unusual for it to take a lot of database space - the indices are very large and with some redundancy (necessary for performance)

How about creating a hyperlink for the keywords? so each keyword will contain a list of the related threads (sort of tag cloud)
Can link them as domain.com/forums/searches/portal-steam-pre-order

Last edited:
This has never been a tag cloud, they are completely different things. Doing that will destroy what this achieves, as Google will interpret the terms differently, giving them less weight because they're a link to a nothing page, instead of adding relevancy to the actual current page, being the purpose and what it achieves.

Luke... if there are any upgrades needed, please let me know and I will gladly pay you to keep this upgraded to work as intended for the most current XF.

I haven't upgraded to 1.2 yet, about to... which from the above is all fine. I do run EWRporta though on all my sites, so is this an issue for this add-on that needs attention now?

The funny thing is... is that it worked even with the portal, running the above query. I had the route changed to portal/ and ran the above, and it correctly put the terms back on the forum home. I am missing the portal pages terms, though gonna check whether that index controller is right.

Top Bottom