• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

AzuCloud - Long Tail SEO Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add one more here with the same error
ErrorException: Undefined index: host - library/Dark/AzuCloud/EventListener/FrontControllerPreView.php:44
Are you sure you don't see something from a mod you have installed causing this?

The only time I see this error is due to another mod installed, ie:

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(125) "xxxxxxxxxxxx/threads/i-thought-i-would-get-it-right-this-time.20173/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["utm_source"] => string(11) "twitterfeed"
    ["utm_medium"] => string(7) "twitter"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Are you sure you don't see something from a mod you have installed causing this?

The only time I see this error is due to another mod installed, ie:

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(125) "xxxxxxxxxxxx/threads/i-thought-i-would-get-it-right-this-time.20173/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["utm_source"] => string(11) "twitterfeed"
    ["utm_medium"] => string(7) "twitter"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

ErrorException: Undefined index: host - library/Dark/AzuCloud/EventListener/FrontControllerPreView.php:44
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 1:03 PM

Stack Trace

#0 /home/andy/public_html/site.com/forum/library/Dark/AzuCloud/EventListener/FrontControllerPreView.php(44): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/andy/publ...', 44, Array)
#1 [internal function]: Dark_AzuCloud_EventListener_FrontControllerPreView::listen(Object(XenForo_FrontController), Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#2 /home/andy/public_html/site.com/forum/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(54): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/andy/public_html/site.com/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(154): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('front_controlle...', Array)
#4 /home/andy/public_html/site.com/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) { ["url"] => string(79) "http://www.site.com/forum/threads/how-to-generate-a-random-number-in-c.133/" ["_GET"] => array(1) { ["/forum/threads/how-to-generate-a-random-number-in-c_133/"] => string(0) "" } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }

I leave a listener to not have to modify templates, and XenForo be updated without edit the template again and again.

The files are same ones that a listener is added. A update addons is required to take the new listener
INSTALLATION:
Unpack zip file in local folder PC.​
FTP Upload content of upload folder to your forum root.​
Update addon.​

Add the addons installation (for update) traslated into spanish.

Please darkinmortal, update first post addon (if you deems it necessary).

Work perfect in BETA 2 of XenForo 1.1.0 (see http://www.xenfacil.com/)

Salud2

Attachments

I leave a listener to not have to modify templates, and XenForo be updated without edit the template again and again.

The files are same ones that a listener is added. A update addons is required to take the new listener
INSTALLATION:
Unpack zip file in local folder PC.​
FTP Upload content of upload folder to your forum root.​
Update addon.​

Add the addons installation (for update) traslated into spanish.

Please darkinmortal, update first post addon (if you deems it necessary).

Work perfect in BETA 2 of XenForo 1.1.0 (see http://www.xenfacil.com/)

Salud2
What does this do? Does it fix the server errors on this page?

That'd also hide it from the search engines, rendering it rather pointless. Unless you just want to see what people landed on your site with, and don't really care about the SEO part of it.
SEO is a must!

I shall not make the change and leave it visible - Thanks!

While we're on the topic of SEO and search engines, what are your views on this Mod:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...st-viewing-motivate-guests-to-register.15121/

I have it installed and running - would u say it's ok or not good to have the threads blocked, using the mod?

That'd also hide it from the search engines, rendering it rather pointless. Unless you just want to see what people landed on your site with, and don't really care about the SEO part of it.
There's still a possibility, how about using "User arrived on this site from a search engine" condition?

Possible bug:
If I change thread title, it removes all seo terms for that thread.
The thread title has nothing to do with the thread using XF, as the thread URL works solely on the thread id, not the text included. Give it a try, you can write any text you want, just use the same id at the end, and you will land on the same page.

Yes, hiding it from guests defeats this mod.

Now hiding it from members, that is relevant, as its purpose is only to bolster existing rankings in Google for relevant terms the page is already being found for. Again, this has nothing to do with thread URL text, as Google do not use that for page relevancy... its purely an additional technique in which is used by Google to highlight relevancy to a user by highlighting the keywords in the URL. In other words, it helps the ranking stand out in results, but DOES NOT directly influence ranking position.

So this only need be viewable by guests, not by anyone else... so the above method in wrapping a conditional around the page container text is valid, but you would wrap it with excluding all other groups EXCEPT guests. Which would be a more relevant conditional of:

<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
<xen:include template="dark_azucloud" />
</xen:if>

The thread title has nothing to do with the thread using XF, as the thread URL works solely on the thread id, not the text included. Give it a try, you can write any text you want, just use the same id at the end, and you will land on the same page.

Yes, hiding it from guests defeats this mod.

Now hiding it from members, that is relevant, as its purpose is only to bolster existing rankings in Google for relevant terms the page is already being found for. Again, this has nothing to do with thread URL text, as Google do not use that for page relevancy... its purely an additional technique in which is used by Google to highlight relevancy to a user by highlighting the keywords in the URL. In other words, it helps the ranking stand out in results, but DOES NOT directly influence ranking position.

So this only need be viewable by guests, not by anyone else... so the above method in wrapping a conditional around the page container text is valid, but you would wrap it with excluding all other groups EXCEPT guests. Which would be a more relevant conditional of:

<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
<xen:include template="dark_azucloud" />
</xen:if>
hmm yeah it is much better to use !{$visitor.user_id} condition.

I know http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8659/ will also work for http://xenforo.com/community/threads/azucloud-long-tail-seo-cloud.8659/ but my point is if I have a thread with title "azucloud long tail seo cloud" and a lot of users found this page by using "xenforo seo cloud mod" keyword. After a month for some reason I changed thread title to something else and when I do this, the keyword cloud box for this thread got erased, empty, clean :) It is happening on my board, this issue/bug stopping me to change my thread titles, because if I do change I will lost all search keywords.

SEO is a must!

I shall not make the change and leave it visible - Thanks!

While we're on the topic of SEO and search engines, what are your views on this Mod:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...st-viewing-motivate-guests-to-register.15121/

I have it installed and running - would u say it's ok or not good to have the threads blocked, using the mod?

I am not familiar with that mod, but if it somehow makes a distinction between Guests and Search Engines, that could end up harming your site. I would much rather have my site indexed as much as possible then receive a few extra sign-ups due to hiding content from guests.

If you have the content, and keep on providing it, the sign-ups will come.

After a month for some reason I changed thread title to something else and when I do this, the keyword cloud box for this thread got erased, empty, clean :) It is happening on my board, this issue/bug stopping me to change my thread titles, because if I do change I will lost all search keywords.
This is one for DI... whether the cloud works on the tread title for assignment, or only the thread id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom