• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

AzuCloud - Long Tail SEO Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I noticed search terms are not censored. Running a family friendly site, this is a large problem.
I'm about to modify it to censor the terms in the meantime, but better yet, if a word is censored, the term should not even be recorded.

The other day I noticed search terms are not censored. Running a family friendly site, this is a large problem.
This is not the same as censoring for posts, which is internal to XF software. Google traffic is external to XF software, thus you cannot possibly know what search terms will come to your site.

I'm sure its not overly difficult for DI to add a censor option, or link it into the XF system to grab the list of censor words, and if any traffic referrals use the word, then automatically not show the result.

Can you explain a little what all that means?
I'd like to get this working on xenporta as well
This doesn't just apply to mods, it applies to XF as well. Every different area of XF uses a unique controller name to control that aspect of the site, whether XF or add-on. The use of this unique identifier allows for quick control over what pages you show this mod upon and what pages you don't.

If you didn't want it to appear on XF Pages, then you would drop: XenForo_ControllerPublic_Page:index and it would no longer show on XF "pages".

This is not the same as censoring for posts, which is internal to XF software. Google traffic is external to XF software, thus you cannot possibly know what search terms will come to your site.
Thanks, but I'm not stupid. I know how this works. However, people have recently been googling a query that they know will turn a result on our site + curse words. I don't care if it's a post, a conversation, a username.. if it's going to be displayed in text on my site, it should be run through the censor.

It took me all of thirty seconds to modify the addon to run terms through the censor. I was simply bringing the issue to attention here and proposing a possibly better solution.

I got many bad search terms and I'm not able to remove/stop them, I tried by blocking in ACP but they are still displaying on pages. I'm really worried about that because I'm running a family forum.

zv7b-png.6782

Your AzuCloud is showing funny stuff like: gaming masters lolwut ?
Fake google search terms to spam / deface Azucloud ?
Interesting !

It took me all of thirty seconds to modify the addon to run terms through the censor. I was simply bringing the issue to attention here and proposing a possibly better solution.
Not trying to insult you, so not sure why you are defensive. If it took you 30 seconds to fix it Jeremy, then how did you do it so others who want to can also fix the problem, if you don't mind? As you can read, people above obviously would like that solution themselves.

Reactions: MrC
ErrorException: Undefined index: host - library/Dark/AzuCloud/EventListener/FrontControllerPreView.php:44
Generated By: komarov47, Sunday at 10:17 AM
I have a few of them in my error logs, can you guide me on this please?
Anyone has a solution for this?

My search terms take like 5 minutes to load, it's probably because I have over 5000 pages. Any idea how to clear some that only have less than 10 hits?

And sometimes it comes up with this error:
Mysqli statement execute error : Error writing file '/tmp/MYVj76Lw' (Errcode: 28)
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
  4. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in Dark/AzuCloud/Model/Nakano.php at line 126
  5. Dark_AzuCloud_Model_Nakano->getTerms() in Dark/AzuCloud/ControllerAdmin/AzuCloud.php at line 121
  6. Dark_AzuCloud_ControllerAdmin_AzuCloud->actionList() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

My search terms take like 5 minutes to load, it's probably because I have over 5000 pages. Any idea how to clear some that only have less than 10 hits?

And sometimes it comes up with this error:
Mysqli statement execute error : Error writing file '/tmp/MYVj76Lw' (Errcode: 28)
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
  4. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in Dark/AzuCloud/Model/Nakano.php at line 126
  5. Dark_AzuCloud_Model_Nakano->getTerms() in Dark/AzuCloud/ControllerAdmin/AzuCloud.php at line 121
  6. Dark_AzuCloud_ControllerAdmin_AzuCloud->actionList() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

That's a server issue (/tmp full and/or misconfigured mysql)

As for removing terms with <10 hits,

Code:
delete from dark_azucloud_terms_pages where hits < 10;
delete from dark_azucloud_terms terms where (select term_id from dark_azucloud_terms_pages pages where pages.term_id=terms.id limit 1) is null;

(Not fully tested)

I have 2700 pages and 137K terms in the search term and i couldn't find a way to purge them. even though I set 30 days, the last clicked term is june 2011

That's a server issue (/tmp full and/or misconfigured mysql)

As for removing terms with <10 hits,

Code:
delete from dark_azucloud_terms_pages where hits < 10;
delete from dark_azucloud_terms terms where (select term_id from dark_azucloud_terms_pages pages where pages.term_id=terms.id limit 1) is null;

(Not fully tested)

Thanks.

Could it also mean not enough PHP memory allocated?

New version :)
thanks for the updated version dark.
I have upgraded and now I can't open this link: /admin.php?azucloud/list
When I click on it, its keep loading loading loading.. I was able to access this link in old version, any idea?

Edit: Finally loaded after a few minutes, list shows 6963 pages. I tried it loading again and it same again taking too much time to load the list page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom