• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

AzuCloud - Long Tail SEO Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, these are my template edits...

dark_azucloud
Code:
<xen:require css="dark_azucloud.css" />

<xen:if is="{$dark_azucloud_enable}">
	<div class="sectionMain dark_azucloud">
		<div class="subHeading">
			{xen:phrase dark_users_found_this_page}
		</div>
		<ol class="dark_azucloud_terms">
			<xen:foreach loop="$dark_azucloud_terms" value="$term">
				<li><{xen:raw $term.tag}>{$term.value}</{xen:raw $term.tag}></li>
			</xen:foreach>
		</ol>
	</div>
</xen:if>

dark_azucloud.css
Code:
.dark_azucloud { margin-bottom: 20px; }
.dark_azucloud_terms { margin: 5px 10px 0px; }
.dark_azucloud_terms * { font-weight: normal; font-size: 11px; display: inline; }
.dark_azucloud_terms h2 { font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; }
.dark_azucloud_terms h3 { font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; }
.dark_azucloud_terms h4 { font-weight: normal; font-size: 13px; }
.dark_azucloud_terms strong { font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; }
.dark_azucloud_terms li::after { content: ','; }
.dark_azucloud_terms li:last-child:after { content: ''; }

Please consider using this for your next version... the default is... yuck.

DI, I added the portal and media lines for Jaxel's mods. Should it be like this in the Active Controllers...

Code:
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index:index
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread:index
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum:index
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member:member
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Page:index
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Category:index
EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media:media,mediaView,categoryView,playlistView
EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Portal:portal

Jaxel, I made the changes to the templates as I liked your style too, but I don't see any changes. I've refreshed, tried different browsers, no changes. Example here: http://www.teeveetown.com/forum/threads/the-simpsons-22-years-old-and-still-going-wow.114/

Any ideas?

DI, I added the portal and media lines for Jaxel's mods. Should it be like this in the Active Controllers...

Code:
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index:index
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread:index
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum:index
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member:member
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Page:index
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Category:index
EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media:media,mediaView,categoryView,playlistView
EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Portal:portal

Jaxel, I made the changes to the templates as I liked your style too, but I don't see any changes. I've refreshed, tried different browsers, no changes. Example here: http://www.teeveetown.com/forum/threads/the-simpsons-22-years-old-and-still-going-wow.114/

Any ideas?
Looks fine to me... the only difference is that in your skin, you removed the border on "sectionMain"

Ahh....so that would be it. :)

I'm using the xenique dxf theme. I guess I'll ask them about it. Thanks Jaxel!

Could this have an option in the ACP so that it doesn't record the sites URL as a keyword? When you click from a page through to another one, it seems to be recording the internal URL as a keyword. Even if searched via Google... an internal URL shouldn't be a keyword IMHO, ie. stopping everything by the domain installed upon.

Could this have an option in the ACP so that it doesn't record the sites URL as a keyword? When you click from a page through to another one, it seems to be recording the internal URL as a keyword. Even if searched via Google... an internal URL shouldn't be a keyword IMHO, ie. stopping everything by the domain installed upon.

So you want it to deny any keywords containing the board url set in the admin cp?

I think so. What do you think DI? I don't think the cloud should contain keyword URL's containing the board URL... because using this site as an example, but the cloud often ends up with page URL's: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/azucloud-long-tail-seo-cloud.8659/ within them...

Released version 0.1.0 with a fix for that and an issue I've been having in some places on my forum (random operators making the cloud look messy) :)

0.1.0 (28/01/2011):
  • Added an admin option (default on) for search terms containing the full board URL with or without www. to be silently rejected.
  • Added an admin option (default on) to filter out search engine operators such as +word, -word, ~word, inurl:site.com
  • Please note that existing terms will need blocked manually as these filters are not retroactive and only apply to incoming queries.

Hi, i just installed this and it isnt appearing anywhere, its active via the controls in the acp and i have done everything you mentioned in the first post :s

thanks.

it wont appear until someone is referred by a search engine.
go to google and search for something youre sure to find on your site, then click the link. reload the page and you should see something at the bottom

You have the honour of being the first add-on I've installed. Modified the styling a bit though.

I was wondering, is there a way to exclude it from appearing on the forum index?

There needs to be definable blacklist with this mod.... I literally have hundreds of search entries in my cloud for...

8wayrun.com/someurl
8wayrun.com sometext
8wayrun sometext

Since my website is at http://www.8wayrun.com/ any results on the search terms above are useless. They aren't going to give me any additional SEO since the actual domain is the highest SEO you can get. All they do is fill up the cloud and suppress other, more relevant SEO terms. Basically, until this mod has a feature where I can tell it to suppress all search terms that contain the word *8wayrun* (which would include partial matches), it's useless to me. Right now I have to go in everyday and manually suppress every instance of 8wayrun and it's variations, which is already over 3,000 entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom