XF 1.4 Awww Snap - Chrome crashing

Jim Boy

A number of my users are complaining about Chrome (latest version) crashing when on the forum. There doesn't seem to be any other real consistency that I can detect, some people report it happening when hovering over the alerts icon or when visiting the main forum page. Its been happening over the last couple of weeks including on different O/S.

There are no errors being reported on the server side, either in the server log or through other logs (eg load balancer).

I cannot reproduce the error hence it makes it hard to troubleshoot.

Anyone had any similar issues?

A number of my users are complaining about Chrome (latest version) crashing when on the forum. There doesn't seem to be any
Anyone had any similar issues?
I've had the problem on my Mac.. and it's not been restricted to a XenForo site. I've had it happen on a WordPress one, on a couple of vBulletin ones and my XenForo ones. I think it's a problem in Chrome itself.

After not being able to reproduce, have been able to reproduce regularly.

Getting it on forum home, if I refresh the page and put the mouse over alerts, it will crash on about 10% of occurences.

With javascript console on, the last message is always:

Code:
 XenForo.activate([div.alertsPopup.__XenForoActivator, prevObject: e.fn.init[1], context: undefined, jquery: "1.11.0", constructor: function, selector: ""…])

One time, rather than crashing, I got an uncaught exception, image pasted below

chrome crash.webp

Nothing is going into chrome://crashes, which I have enabled.

Comments aside about Chrome being crap, which really aren't helpful, anyone got any thoughts on this?

Top Bottom