"Aw, Snap!" error in Chrome for Android appearing randomly since 1.4.8

imthebest

Is it just me? Since I upgraded my forum to 1.4.8 I can see random and frequent "Aw, Snap!" errors in Chrome for Android while loading threads. I suspect it could be related to the editor. I'm not sure though... it could be an add-on or other thing not related to XF.

Chrome 43.0.2357.93, stock Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3

Thanks,
Super120

No problem on my forums using the same version of Chrome for Android on Android 4.4.4 on Sony Xperia Z3 tablet and Sony Xperia Z1 Compact phone.

Any steps to try to replicate the problem? Also, have you tested with add-ons disabled and in an unedited default style?

Any steps to try to replicate the problem?

Just browse your forums (logged in... that's how I tested) for a few minutes and load a thread, then load another... and so. It happens when loading threads, I suspect it could be due to Google AdSense units or to the XF 1.4.8 editor. I never saw the "Aw, Snap!" error before upgrading to XF 1.4.8 and I know Mike did some changes to improve performance of the RTE in mobile devices.

TIP: try to load a thread and while still loading scroll down bottom fast and tap inside the editor, it usually produces "Aw, Snap!" in my case.

By the way I'm getting that error *apparently* on specific threads...

Last edited:
The changes to the editor in 1.4.8 are only in effect while you're typing a message. Nothing new happens when the editor initiates.

It seems to happen on random threads but somehow some threads trigger the error frequently while others load just fine.

Anyway I don't want to through the headache of identifying the cause so I guess I'll wait for an update in Chrome mobile... maybe it is a browser issue.

i tend to get a lot of 'aw snap's when i am running out of memory. if this is happening primarily on your mobile, could that be something that is happening to you?

Top Bottom