XF 1.1 Avoid user post in the wrong forum

AndreaMarucci

I know I've asked that some time ago but maybe someone has some new ideas.

basically what I need is a system so that the new members of my forum with 0 messages cannot post but in one specific forum.

I don't want to use usergroup, if possible, so that the user is put in one usergroup and moved in another if he hasn't posted at least one message.

i'd like to have a simple system if exist or, maybe an addon if someone is willing to develop it at fair price.

Any syggestion?

Supposing I'll use the user upgrade system, how can I setup a promotion so that if the user has 0 messages is in one specific UG and if the user has 1 or more messages is moved or promoted in another UG?

i cannot use User has posted at least X messages or User has posted no more than X messages. I should need User has less than X messages or User has more than X messages, don't you think?

Thanks

Set up a simple user group promotion.

Registered users can only post in one forum (revoke posting rights for all other forums).
After 1 post promote them to a group which allows posting in all forums (allow posting rights in all forums).

Ok Brogan, tell me if what I'm writing fits what you're saying.

My forum is invite only
When someone register after an invite he's put in the Registered group. He can't post anywhere
After the member pay the annual fee he's put in the Registered Plus group. He can do what he want.

So you'telling that I've to create a middle group, let's say Registered Minus, so when he pay he's put in this group and he can post only in a specific forum. After the first message he's promoted to the Registered Plus group.

If it's correct which promotion I've to use? With what value?

Screenshot 2013-05-28 alle 18.23.20.webp

No, use the Registered group for the single forum.

If you want them to have access to the entire forum after making 1 post, use the minimum posts criteria - User has posted at least x messages

But your first post in the thread was: "basically what I need is a system so that the new members of my forum with 0 messages cannot post but in one specific forum."

So surely that would be the registered group?

Sure. Now my flow is as written. I've created a middle group so

User is invited -> he register and goes to Registered (no permission) -> he pays and go to Registered minus (permission to write only in one forum) -> he post in that forum so he gets one message and is promoted to Registered Plus so he can write in every forum.

Top Bottom