1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Avatars not uploading properly

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Allan Reuben, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Allan Reuben

Allan Reuben New Member

When users try to upload avatars they do not upload properly and come up as broken image links in chrome

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do they receive errors?

3. Allan Reuben

Allan Reuben New Member

no, the screen closes and it comes out to be a broken link, also when I right click it and go to open link in new tab, it goes to 404 not found

4. Jeremy

Have there been any server errors logged?

5. Allan Reuben

Allan Reuben New Member

not related to this, just sitemap errors (never got that to work)

6. Jeremy

If you disable add-ons, can you upload avatars?

7. Allan Reuben

Allan Reuben New Member

just disabled all add-ons and changed the avatar through the admin cp, still nothing

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You should normally get an error if there are permission problems, but ensure that the internal_data/ and data/ directories and all directories/files within have the necessary permissions -- if in doubt, set them to 0777.

9. Allan Reuben

Allan Reuben New Member

set all permissions to 777 in www/community/internal data and data and all subfolders/files. Still nothing when I tried to change my own avatar, but when I try to upload one, it says upload completed successfully and then the upload new avatar box goes to No File Chosen again

10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you submit a ticket with details of an XF account that I can test this with and FTP details, I can debug this for you.

11. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I am having a similar issue.

- has this issue from Allan been resolved ?
    - what was the issue ?

Thanks!