XF 1.4 Avatar Upload javascript error

Warchamp7

I'm getting an error in the console when uploading a new avatar. The upload goes through, and the change takes effect on refresh. However, the Okay button doesn't get the disabled property removed from it, so it is unclickable, and the js fails to update the avatar display on the page.

Code:
{"sizeCode":"m","maxWidth":96,"maxDimension":"width","width":150,"height":168,"cropX":0,"cropY":5,"urls":{"l":"data\/avatars\/l\/0\/1.jpg?1429647681","m":"data\/avatars\/m\/0\/1.jpg?1429647681","s":"data\/avatars\/s\/0\/1.jpg?1429647681"},"user_id":1,"avatar_date":1429647681,"cropCss":{"left":"21px","top":"12px"},"message":"Upload completed successfully","_visitor_conversationsUnread":"0","_visitor_alertsUnread":"0"}.Admin .pageWidth {
    max-width: 94%  
}

.Admin .xenForm .ctrlUnit>dt {
    width: 25%  
}

textarea.textCtrl.Elastic {
  max-height: none; 
}
(anonymous function) @ xenforo.js?_v=115155e0:333
n.event.dispatch @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
n.event.add.r.handle @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3

It looks like an add-on is modifying the output incorrectly by appending CSS. You'll need to disable add-ons one by one to determine which it is.

It looks like an add-on is modifying the output incorrectly by appending CSS. You'll need to disable add-ons one by one to determine which it is.

I tried disabling everything on the board and switched to the default XenForo theme with no luck.

I did modify one XenForo file to change Large avatar size to 150. /XenForo/model/avatar.php

Would that affect this? Changing it back didn't seem to fix it

Last edited:
The CSS being appended certainly appears to be XenForo specific, but it's also not part of the default XenForo so it can't be coming from XF.

The fact that it doesn't happen in an incognito window may point to a browser extension issue.

The CSS being appended certainly appears to be XenForo specific, but it's also not part of the default XenForo so it can't be coming from XF.

The fact that it doesn't happen in an incognito window may point to a browser extension issue.

Oooh, excellent catch. It's my Stylish tweaks I have set for the admin panel, I didn't even have that cross my mind. Strange that they're causing an issue like this. Thank you though

I feel foolish :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom