Avatar Problem after upgrade (1.0.3->1.0.4)

Feedback

Hey all
I bumped into a problem after the upgrade to 1.0.4, all users avatar is blank, but all the default avatars can be seen. You can upload a avatar but all you get is a black box.

avatare error.webp avatare error 2.webp

Data and internal_data both have world writeable (CHMOD 0777). I have tried to removed the addons and skins (styles) but nothing have changed:(
The File Health Check are OK and it is no server error log.
Rest of the forum works perfectly.

Thanks for reading
Regards
Eskil

all users avatar is blank

Including avatars that were uploaded before the upgrade? Can you post a URL to your forum so I can examine the problem?

Maybe you overwrote the data directory during the upgrade. Or maybe it's a problem with your custom style (try to reproduce it on a default style).

Jake Bunce said:
Including avatars that were uploaded before the upgrade?
Yep, even avatars that was uploaded before the upgrade got the same problem.

Jake Bunce said:
Can you post a URL to your forum so I can examine the problem?
sure, www.gamer-core.net. Say if you need admin user.

Jake Bunce said:
(try to reproduce it on a default style)
I get the same problem with the default style.

Try running this command to recursively set permissions in those directories:

Code:
chmod -R 777 data

You might also try 755 permissions. Depending on how PHP is installed, 755 may still be writable. I have seen some server configurations throw 403 errors with 777.

I get a 403 forbidden error as well when I try to view the avatars directly. I have had a similiar issue with a client, but on a different forum, and the issue was that he had lost ownership of the files. Meaning that only the host could chmodd them. The problem was solved by contacting the host and getting them to transfer the file ownsherip back.
Can you contact your host as well and ask them about it? It might be worth a shot.

After a talk with my host provider, it turned out that they had a .htaccess file on the security server directed to my host server. Do not know why, but it works now :)

But I want to thank you all for the nice feedback :P
Regards
Eskil

Try running this command to recursively set permissions in those directories:

Code:
chmod -R 777 data

You might also try 755 permissions. Depending on how PHP is installed, 755 may still be writable. I have seen some server configurations throw 403 errors with 777.

For some reason my avatars stopped uploading to server , no error messages just red x's, even chmodding all the relevant directories they still would not show.

using ssh(putty) I ran
Code:
chmod -R 777 data
and
Code:
chmod -R 777 internal_data
in the root of the install and now they work fine again.

Thanks Jake.

Top Bottom