No permission to buy ($9.99)
We've been using this for a while and appreciate the moderation feature. Here are some notes:

1. If there are multiple avatars, you have to do one at a time to avoid errors. I suppose this is due to javascript/form field names or IDs.

2. When the user submits an avatar they don't know that it goes to moderation. It would be great if this addon added some text that their avatar is pending moderation.

3. It would be great if this could send a message to the user similar to the spam cleaner so that they know why there avatar was rejected.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hey Nobita! this is a great addon and I will but it now! (y)
--
edit: installed in xenForo 1.4.4 and working absolutely perfect. This addons is very useful to avoid annoying avatars. great developer, great addons and great service! thank you so much!
★★★★★

Last edited:
A wrinkle that I've noticed is that when an Administrator loads an avatar through the Control Panel, that the avatar still enters into moderation. It's not a huge deal but there is no indication in the Control Panel that this is pending. Once you've seen it happen once, you know what to expect.

My suggestion though, would to be to exclude avatars uploaded through the CP. Anyone with CP access should not need to rely upon in-line moderation to approve the modification.

Thanks!
Noobz

One other small item that I've noticed:

When a user updates their avatar, the new image (the requested image) appears in every portion of the user's profile except for posts and threads before approval.

One other small item that I've noticed:

When a user updates their avatar, the new image (the requested image) appears in every portion of the user's profile except for posts and threads before approval.
Thank for reporting. I will try to fix soon.

The latest update appears to contain a bug that is NOT deleting the avatar.

When I click "delete" and update the moderation queue, it acts as if I had selected "do nothing".

Note: I have confirmed this by repeating the process with a test account. The delete function does not appear to operate.

I had a little more time to play with it this morning:

It is sending the user alert that the avatar image was refused, back to the user. It does also appear to the user that their avatar has returned to a null value (no avatar).

The only thing that is NOT happening from the moderator's view is that the image is not removed or refused. Even refreshing the screen makes it appear nothing has happened to the avatar. So whatever screen that is being pointed to after the "delete" selection has been made, appears to be the wrong target. It's referring to a target that is not refreshed. The moderation queue alert is also not being refreshed (the counter is not being cleared of the deleted avatar).

I had a little more time to play with it this morning:

It is sending the user alert that the avatar image was refused, back to the user. It does also appear to the user that their avatar has returned to a null value (no avatar).

The only thing that is NOT happening from the moderator's view is that the image is not removed or refused. Even refreshing the screen makes it appear nothing has happened to the avatar. So whatever screen that is being pointed to after the "delete" selection has been made, appears to be the wrong target. It's referring to a target that is not refreshed. The moderation queue alert is also not being refreshed (the counter is not being cleared of the deleted avatar).
i confirmed the bug. Will update when i move back work. currently im on holiday.

Hey Nobita. Will the moderator be allowed to automatically send a message to the user the reason why the avatar was denied? If so, please let me know so I can buy this right away.

Top Bottom