Avatar Issue, simply won't change.

faeronsayn

One of my site members just reported to me that uploading new avatars does not change the current ones. It simply keeps the current ones, and thus you cannot change avatars any longer. I checked this out and it is definitely confirmed true. You can't for some reason change avatars. I recently switched servers I am not sure if its because of that or not.

Any help on this topic would be highly appreciated.

One of my site members just reported to me that uploading new avatars does not change the current ones. It simply keeps the current ones, and thus you cannot change avatars any longer. I checked this out and it is definitely confirmed true. You can't for some reason change avatars. I recently switched servers I am not sure if its because of that or not.

Any help on this topic would be highly appreciated.

Does this help?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/avatar-issues-on-new-server.32408/#post-370098

Any specific errors? Anything in the log?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Check the permissions for data and internal_data. Both directories and their contents need to be writable (chmod 777).

Also, what image library are you using?

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments -> Default Image Processor

Try a different library if available.

Any specific errors? Anything in the log?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Check the permissions for data and internal_data. Both directories and their contents need to be writable (chmod 777).

Also, what image library are you using?

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments -> Default Image Processor

Try a different library if available.

First of all, I just realized that when I update the avatar it seems to be updating at other places but just not in the preview section when I am changing it.

One of my members pointed this out here.

350rolk.png

Secondly I actually looked at the server error logs and I am getting a couple errors such as "too many connections" from mysqli.

Code:
Too many connections
29 minutes ago - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Delete...
Too many connections
34 minutes ago - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Delete...
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32
47 minutes ago - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Delete...
Too many connections
47 minutes ago - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Delete...
Too many connections
50 minutes ago - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Delete...
Too many connections
51 minutes ago - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Delete...
Too many connections
51 minutes ago - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Delete...
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32
56 minutes ago - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Delete...
58 minutes ago - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Delete...
Delete...
Delete...
Delete...
Delete...
Delete...
Delete...
Delete...
Delete...
Delete...
Delete...

As for the change libraries, I only have one installed, and since I am using plesk (just started) I have no idea on how to install / rebuild apache.

Lost connection to MySQL server

That error is caused by one of these MySQL settings being exceeded:

wait_timeout
max_allowed_packet

Your host or server person needs to increase these settings in MySQL. There is more info here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/gone-away.html

Too many connections

That error is caused by this MySQL setting being exceeded:

max_connections

Your host or server person needs to increase this setting in MySQL. There is more info here:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/too-many-connections.html

First of all, I just realized that when I update the avatar it seems to be updating at other places but just not in the preview section when I am changing it.

That might be a javascript problem or a problem with an addon. Try disabling any addons to see if that affects it.

Top Bottom