Fixed Avatar Images in HTML email not rendered

Can't confirm this.

I get a lot of e-mails and they all contain the correct avatar.

Example:

upload_2013-8-6_12-42-18.webp

EDIT: Do the other links in the e-mails work ok? At first glance I'd say that would only happen if you don't have the correct board URL configured.

There's a <base> tag that makes this work correctly. This support may vary based on email clients (which have notoriously horrendous and inconsistent HTML support).

We have some canonicalization support here, but I don't think we can be positive that it's going to work in an email.

So, the email client from my forum is ignoring the base URL?

and this is fairly common?
(which have notoriously horrendous and inconsistent HTML support)

Would it be possible when calling the helper via the email template to avoid using base
I've seen this on 2 out of 2 servers, I'm unsure how common this is, but if it is common, it's still an issue

Can't confirm this.
EDIT: Do the other links in the e-mails work ok? At first glance I'd say that would only happen if you don't have the correct board URL configured.

Yes, all the other links are correct (contain the full URL). It's just the images that are broken

It's likely just the <base> being removed or manipulated by the email client. I don't know why it would potentially vary per install though...

I have tweaked this for 1.2.1 though, so the full URL should be used.

Top Bottom