Available features (vanilla + addon)

npole

Hi everyone,
I'm exploring the possibility to migrate from vB to XF2, however I'm using a certain number of features (mostly) via addons that I would like to have in XF too.
I read the manual and browsed the addons list, the next step will be to try the demo, but I can't see to figure out if I can replicate certain features, so here's a list:

- User notifications: is it possible to post a thread/reply while sending a notification (alert and optional email) to a specific user, a list of users, a specific usergroup, a list of usergroups? I found an addon that can send "alerts" to specific usergroups, but none that can do the above;

- Does XF2 has a sort of internal bookmark? Like subscribing to forums/thread, but just a list of the threads of your interest that can be easily accessed with a "click";

- User following: is there a way for an user to "follow" another and be alerted when they post something?

- What's the current level of integration? I mean is it technically feasible (via an appropriate addon) to handle the shared login (in example: you login in a portal and you are logged in a serie of services, including the forums). Do you have a SDK/API documentation for XF2?

Thank you.

- User notifications: is it possible to post a thread/reply while sending a notification (alert and optional email) to a specific user, a list of users, a specific usergroup, a list of usergroups? I found an addon that can send "alerts" to specific usergroups, but none that can do the above;
You can manually send alerts and there is a user criteria you can use to limit it to specific user groups, usernames, etc.
- Does XF2 has a sort of internal bookmark? Like subscribing to forums/thread, but just a list of the threads of your interest that can be easily accessed with a "click";
XF 2.1 has bookmarks. Click your username at the top-right nav menu and select the "bookmarks tab". See it in action for yourself ;)
- User following: is there a way for an user to "follow" another and be alerted when they post something?
I think you'll need an add-on for this but you can see activity from people you follow in the news feed.

I assume you mean @ mentions with this (like @npole), which will send them an alert. (Note that this post would potentially generate up to 3 alerts for you: a mention, a quote, and a reply to a watched thread. You'll only get one of those three -- the most "important" one, though I can't remember of the top of my head whether that's the quote alert or the mention alert.)

These can only be done to specific users out of the box. I think there might be an add-on that allows group mentions though I'm not aware of the specifics.

Aside from the bookmark system mentioned, watching the threads in question may also work for you (particularly if you want updates when people reply).

It doesn't alert, but it does place their actions on the news feed, as mentioned.

- What's the current level of integration? I mean is it technically feasible (via an appropriate addon) to handle the shared login (in example: you login in a portal and you are logged in a serie of services, including the forums). Do you have a SDK/API documentation for XF2?
It would be technically feasible, though automatic logins can be tricky as you'd need to be setting cookies and similar. That would likely require some bespoke work.

There is a REST API:

Top Bottom