Implemented Autoresponders / Welcome PM function

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't know I think welcome PC's would be very welcome, though If I join a site and get a welcome PM I tend to ignore it.

Custom pages is an idea but I like to give my users a welcoming feeling by PM (or PC) just highlighting links to useful information etc.

Custom pages is an idea but I like to give my users a welcoming feeling by PM (or PC) just highlighting links to useful information etc.

Agreed this is where they are useful, on my vB forum I actually go overboard in some cased... 1. I send them a welcome PM... 2. I leave a visitor message on their profile... 3. I open a thread in the Offtopic forum welcoming them... The mod I use though actually sends each of the public messages from a random admin account (pick of 4) and randomizes the messages both the title and the message it self is picked from 6 possible combinations... Looks as if it was manual that way, or atleast more manual.

As you can see I think that the PM welcome message system would be useful :P

I have hundreds of vBulletin forum welcome emails from vbulletin forums where i register in my inbox and never read any of them. Unless the devs can come up with a more useful way then i don't think it's worth having but it's not off the table.

Private Conversations are more subtle IMO. It allows them to receive their instructions/advice via something familiar (if they've visited forums before) and a conversation is automatically started with an Administrator if they have any queries. :)

Private Conversations are more subtle IMO. It allows them to receive their instructions/advice via something familiar (if they've visited forums before) and a conversation is automatically started with an Administrator if they have any queries. :)

Yeah, PC's are way better than PM's

EDIT: I think I'm going for convo instead of PC :)

If you think about it, especially with new software like this, because it's all changed you're going to have a lot of confused users.

They receive their PC/PM/Convo and it's something like:

Welcome to {BBName}, {Username}!

We use some very awesome and very sophisticated Forum software created by the Greek Gods Kier & Mike. This Forum introduces some software you are familiar with, and some you're not so familiar with. Below will outline some of the functions of this Forum.
  1. Like feature: This feature allows you to 'like' a post, similar to Facebook, rather than replying to show acknowledgement you can just like it.
  2. Private Conversations: This feature is similar to private messaging. It allows for a constant communication between users and you may invite other participants to view/join into your conversation.
  3. Quote & Multi-quote: To quote (or multi-quote) messages, please click the 'Reply' button in the relevant post.

etc...

Frankly I feel information like that should be received privately to prevent tarnishing their lovely wall. 8-)

I'd like some form of autoresponder feature for welcome threads or a welcome PC function

I love your idea. Just a short welcome PC would be sufficient for me (I mean, we can always add the contents I guess in the ACP). I believe it can give our new members a very welcome feeling when they see their first [red indicator] on their Inbox and then discover this 'personal' welcome message.

Only 1 thing... who will be the sender of this PC? I don't want it to be me (admin) because I do not want to be dragged into any Conversation based on this welcome message...

Top Bottom