Automatically transfer all post attachments to Media Gallery

i want this option also, i hate having 2 different photo areas to upload, in fact i always turn off the attachments and stick with the media gallery,

and for your second part, i wish u could do that too, cuz many image hosting sites delete images or go out of business!

great suggestion, hip hip hooray!

This is a must. I would buy MG again if they had this feature as right now the Media Gallery is hardly looked at right now as users dont like to add new pics in there themselves.

I want the same function!

Is there any app or addon that can “vacuum up” the images from the posted URLs and populate a forum gallery with links back to the original posts and the URL update to that new gallery?

Or who could write it? What might it cost?

Couldn’t we share the cost?

Asher Kelman

Who of you would purchase a new Addon, “POPULATE”, to vacuum up existing images from diverse link URLs already posted in your XF forum (from Flickr, Smugmug, etc), store them under poster’s named gallery and now change the URL in the original posts to point to that forum’s own server.

Going forward, the Gallery would be searchable by image category and yield both images and related discussion threads.

Asher

Any ideas who could take this on?

Who would add say $300 to this project, or put it another way, what is the upper figure you might pay for such an addon, if I hired the developer?

Asher

we like the idea at least fwiw....would like to force everything thru the gallery actually, but the embed/view tools need to be improved as well...

it is also an issue of where to put the images, which categorys etc.....we do not really want an "attachments album" for all.....
does need a bit of work for sure before anything like this can happen. :( a good pursuit tho id say..

we like the idea at least fwiw....would like to force everything thru the gallery actually, but the embed/view tools need to be improved as well...

it is also an issue of where to put the images, which categorys etc.....we do not really want an "attachments album" for all.....
does need a bit of work for sure before anything like this can happen. :( a good pursuit tho id say..
Thanks so much Iggy for the input. So what do you think this is worth? I am wondering what we could put together to pay for this if we can get a great coder!

Asher

i couldnt say....and for this project im with now we are overbudget some by moving to a new server and xen in general just recently...so the timing is bad..

i think really there are a couple things that are crucially needed tho for us....

1. an "attachment lightbox" rather than navigating away when gallery images are clicked in post
2. the ability to insert gallery images different sizes into posts(click and drag resize support)
3. pagination in the gallery insert tool in editor(currently just offers "more" type button)....and/or other improved album/media browsing from that insert tool

those are the biggest problems i think we saw so far.....it could be nice to selectively move them to designated albums, but practically speaking it might need a sort of attachment dump category, then a quick disable of attachment use...for us anyway...

certainly interested just cannot commit anything toward it personally at this time :/

i couldnt say....and for this project im with now we are overbudget some by moving to a new server and xen in general just recently...so the timing is bad..

i think really there are a couple things that are crucially needed tho for us....

1. an "attachment lightbox" rather than navigating away when gallery images are clicked in post
2. the ability to insert gallery images different sizes into posts(click and drag resize support)
3. pagination in the gallery insert tool in editor(currently just offers "more" type button)....and/or other improved album/media browsing from that insert tool

those are the biggest problems i think we saw so far.....it could be nice to selectively move them to designated albums, but practically speaking it might need a sort of attachment dump category, then a quick disable of attachment use...for us anyway...

certainly interested just cannot commit anything toward it personally at this time :/
Well, Iggy,

Already, by helping imagine and define needed parameters, you are contributing as significantly as cash!

Your eyes would be appreciated once I find a developer!

🙏

Asher

Well that’s 8 people!

1. Could you each list as many details as you can think of as to what the Galkery should be able to do?

2. Any suggestions for existing software that could be ported or modified?

Asher

I have purchased the Gallery, but so far have not launched it!

Can you give your Dream want list

A. Essential
B. Luxurious

We can integrate anthing is we get a XenForo savvy developer!

Asher

Last edited:

obviously the importer will handle such things. for example if u have a forum called "Dogs" where people post dog pics and topics u will set the forum id to import into the counterpart gallery id category and so on

obviously the importer will handle such things. for example if u have a forum called "Dogs" where people post dog pics and topics u will set the forum id to import into the counterpart gallery id category and so on
As we have different expectations of our forum members, mode of classification and sorting is important to be aware of. For my forum, I wish to be able to deliver spirts cars, trains, hawks, eagles or bicycles fast. This might perhaps require some pushing of a set of key classifications based on the preferences of each member. Other forums may have needs for different sets of galleries, for example, user controlled galleries for each member to showcase their work and then images that are posted somewhere in forum for discussion or for licensing or sale as prints.

After we hear from 5 or 6 forum managers we would have a set of common options that need to be included.

So each of us should try to express their needs!

Asher

Yes I'm also needing something similar.

Where a users attachments are put into a gallery for that user. No user is currently using the gallery but addons such as media of the month only work from the gallery.

The only requirements for our forum would be attachments straight to user gallery which if it doesnt exist is created. The user could then set their own gallery as private or otherwise.

Something simple like this would be awesome and I'm sure lots of forum admins are thinking the same just like we are.

Top Bottom