Lack of interest Auto-reply when moving a thread

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

random

Hello,

There should be an option in the Admin Control Panel to enable the ability to auto-post a reply each time a moderator moves a thread. The reply should look like this:

Also, an option to make these posts not to count against the post counter will be welcome.

Thank you,
Jonathan

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's useful for people which comes to a thread from Google... they'll know that there are moderators working on maintaining the community (live) and also will not feel confused in case there are other replies to that thread prior the move.

It's useful for people which comes to a thread from Google... they'll know that there are moderators working on maintaining the community (live) and also will not feel confused in case there are other replies to that thread prior the move.

I see, I've never encountered that..

Hmm. I've seen some confusion with moving posts of a new member to a more appropriate thread and not leaving a note about it. Complaining about censorship...

Better yet in addition to that, it will be great to send a notification to the OP telling him his thread has been moved, so he can follow up his thread in the new forum.

Oh lord no. On a site that's busy with the clueless, users could end up with a ton of notifications.

Agreed. I don't like the idea of it being sent as an alert.

I post in the thread when I move it anyways, so something that does it automatically would be great!

Oh lord no. On a site that's busy with the clueless, users could end up with a ton of notifications.

Agreed. This isn't a good idea at all for busy forums.

Well, on forums like WHT they do have a mod that does what I'm asking for. There are also many well-known forums making use of that mod (custom... not available at vB.org). I think it's a good idea :)

If members have the ability to pick and choose which alerts they receive (as has already been requested) then I don't see why it can't be implemented.

Ugh... Far too many members are clueless when setting up their accounts. Not going to handhold everyone when the alerts start flooding their "inbox". Something like that should be a mod anyway, not built into the core package.

I actually like the idea of automatically posting when a thread is moved. I have always posted saying that the topic was moved, but having the forum do that for me, would really cut down on time spent moving threads.

I do like the auto-post idea, that would be very handy.
But alerts? Perhaps for a mod, but not a core feature. I'm getting quite enough of them as it is.

Yes, the alerts are a little unnecessary. Maybe to the original poster telling them their topic has been moved, but not to everyone in the topic.

Top Bottom