• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Auto message to op when merging/moving/deleting of threads

Bevypoo

Not sure if possible .. with regards to moving/merging threads would love an add on making it be possible for an automatic notice to go out to OP of the thread. Currently our moderators are having to message each and every member typing the same thing in this regard. Perhaps something with your thread was moved/merged to ___ ,maybe with an attached reason (existing/similar thread).

For smaller boards this might not be a priority but when one of our games go down we have a mass load of threads all saying the same thing popping up. Time wise its not efficient for our moderators to have to message each and every member but it is of course the polite thing to do. We do leave redirects but our users may not return for over 24 hours so redirect no longer exists and they will message wanting to know why they were moved not just that it was moved.

Not the main point of your post I know but the redirect time can be set for as long as you want for each individual redirect.

Not the main point of your post I know but the redirect time can be set for as long as you want for each individual redirect.
yeah the problem is we get soo many posts that our first page of that forum area would all be redirects so we have to limit them to a very short period :(

We do weekly game release updates on most of our games which always brings tons of people to the forums

You're just talking about merged/moved threads? Nothing else?

Actually, that would be fairly simple. Without the need for the unique message per moderation, it'd probably be about an hour's worth of work. Allowing for unique messages increases the complexity, but mainly because it'd also require template edits to implement.

I'm not going to work on it tonight, but if you want to get me the scenarios, and the messages you want to get out to the users, I'll take another look at it before the weekend.

Presumably the message can be a phrase and the originating thread and destination post URLs can be included using tokens?

Something like:

Dear {username},
Your thread {thread_orig} has been merged with {thread_dest}.
Click <a href="{post}">here</a> to see it.

I guess the ability to define the originating user for the PM would also be useful.

If so, that would be a very nice add-on.

You're just talking about merged/moved threads? Nothing else?

Actually, that would be fairly simple. Without the need for the unique message per moderation, it'd probably be about an hour's worth of work. Allowing for unique messages increases the complexity, but mainly because it'd also require template edits to implement.

I'm not going to work on it tonight, but if you want to get me the scenarios, and the messages you want to get out to the users, I'll take another look at it before the weekend.

Sure Ill post some scenarios and messages for you tomorrow :) Thanks muchly!

Bevy I have to tell you that I love the right-corner image on your forum to follow you on Twitter. I'd love to be able to do that on my xenforo forum, but not sure if it's possible.
Also, the swinging image that drops down announcing the new game.
AND your twitter page is sooo cute, love the background!

Very nice job on all fronts.

Bevy I have to tell you that I love the right-corner image on your forum to follow you on Twitter. I'd love to be able to do that on my xenforo forum, but not sure if it's possible.
Also, the swinging image that drops down announcing the new game.
AND your twitter page is sooo cute, love the background!

Very nice job on all fronts.

Thanks Peggy Ill pass that on to the designers. :love: All of that will be following when we switch forum software to Xenforo. Only thing that will change is when you click on forums it will direct to our new Xenforo instead of the old forum software. Im not sure how they did the little pop down advert on our main page but Ill see if I can find out for you :)
The background to our twitter is actually characters from one of our Facebook games Country Story!

Oh I wouldn't do the pop down advert, but I like that twitter link/image in the upper right corner. I'm seeing now that it's on your homepage, not your forum. Darn.
Very cute.

Oh I wouldn't do the pop down advert, but I like that twitter link/image in the upper right corner.
Very cute.

awww yes I just reread what you said sorry tired very long day Ill see if I can find out how they did that:)

Sure Ill post some scenarios and messages for you tomorrow :) Thanks muchly!

I have this working against five scenarios:

Inline Mod: Move
Inline Mod: Merge
Inline Mod: Delete

Any more you wanted it working against?

I have this working against five scenarios:

Inline Mod: Move
Inline Mod: Merge
Inline Mod: Delete

Any more you wanted it working against?

Hi there sorry for my slow reply overwhelmed with work ;) those are perfect i cant think currently of any other scenarios that would be that relevant to need this for

Hi there sorry for my slow reply overwhelmed with work ;) those are perfect i cant think currently of any other scenarios that would be that relevant to need this for

Certainly know how being overwhelmed with work feels. :) Keep telling myself that it's better than the alternative.

I've got a few things to clean up with it, then I'll package it up and release it. I'll try to get it done tonight, but I won't guarantee anything.

Certainly know how being overwhelmed with work feels. :) Keep telling myself that it's better than the alternative.

I've got a few things to clean up with it, then I'll package it up and release it. I'll try to get it done tonight, but I won't guarantee anything.

wonderful! No rush whenever is fine thank you soo much ....

Top Bottom