******* - Auto Link Replacer [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this is a great addon both for SEO and for UX if used judiciously, so I wrote about it in a thread entitled "XF SEO Tweaks:"
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf-seo-tweaks.67500/page-2#post-710231

The discussion of link replacers continues for five posts. My final post gets into a more case-history approach, but sometimes to make the right decision, you really have to get into the nitty gritty:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf-seo-tweaks.67500/page-2#post-710428

I'd love to read follow-up posts in that thread to hear how others use the software in terms of both SEO and UX.

Interested in this, however if i set this up then there may well be several hundred links - any ideas if this may cause any problems at all? Are there any limitations?

Cheers
Paul

Damn, I bought this but it never gave me a link. Any suggestions or does it take time for the developer to approve this?

waindigo is pretty much the same thing. Wish I knew that.

Is there a bulk way to add , that would be cool.

You could have read the thread. I posted about the similarities in both threads.

If you try them both, please let us know how they compare.
Thanks for your link.
I'm 3 days new with xf so my opinions isn't worth much.
Being said, I have quickly compared and at face value with a few links for both, they both what I need. At this point, I have a few hundred so before I continue adding them, I am here.

Having a way to batch load would be cool. I'm guessing I could do this through sql? Any help on that would be appreciated.

On your cross reference, your concerns are indeed worth discussing. I'm told large numbers of autolinks can become cpu thirsty.

FWIW, (I read somewhere on one of the discussion about this) a member pointing to an example of the autolinker http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=239167&page=13

Similar as these two but even more interesting as it had pop ups and a very useful logging system. You could also replace keywords to images and include a description. I loved it! How cool is that.

It was coded for vb4. I paid $100 or something like that for the pro version (can't remember exactly) and it worked great for a while until I noticed an injection to my backend. Something got in via that code.
The coder denied it all and returned my money with a fight. I didn't want my money back, I wanted it to work!

I followed that coder for a year or so to see if he ever updated it (it was that cool) in hope that he got it secure. To my knowledge, even though he is still advertising it, it appears to be the same version for a few years. Maybe I'm wrong. Also, we all know vbulletin is a mess so its no wonder.

I have around a hundred links and it works just fine for me with no issues. When you say it doesn't work, what is the problem?

That's great! By the way, I wonder if some people here might be interested in your forum. We tend to be more at the prosumer range (I use a Blue Yeti mic and Audacity, for example), but some of us do podcasts (I do) or live events (I do) to promote our events. A good mic is a wonderful thing (though I'm not so sure the Yeti qualifies).

Anyway, how did you decide to use this link replacer or the other one?

Man I love this.
If you are looking for addition suggestion .
Optional alphabetical or numerical order would be cool .

working great.

ForestForTrees, this is exactly what I use the linking system for, microphone ids and such. Good to meet you here. :)

I prefer this. I love the simplicity and the logging of clicks for each keyword

Damn, its broken again. This time I have no idea. I get this when trying to add more autolinks

Error
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

I don't see it in the database, what is the table called?

******* updated ******* - Auto Link Replacer with a new update entry:

28/03/2013: Version 1.5.0

- Fixed error with max input link replace.
- Moved all replace rules to ACP > Application > Auto Links (admin.php?bral-links).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Did your try to upgrade? < After upgrade it seems to have taken out all my links and doesn't work anymore. I'm still trying to find out what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom