******* - Auto Link Replacer [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I found a couple of threads that threw this error, and the only common thing they had was that they had no paragraphs - but I do have way longer posts than these with no problems. Now, I've edited these posts to create some paragraphs and now they don't throw an error, but they do take a very long time to load. What's the deal? Any ideas?

THe threads are these:

http://www.travelstories.gr/community/threads/Παρθενικο-Ταξιδι-στη-Λισαβωνα.46276/

http://www.travelstories.gr/community/threads/Παρίσι-σαν-όνειρο.32917/

Last edited:
So basically, this add-on doesn't like big paragraphs. Anything we can do to have a workaround?

So basically, this add-on doesn't like big paragraphs. Anything we can do to have a workaround?
Try to changing the value for the param max_execution_time inphp.ini, like this:
Code:
max_execution_time =360; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds (I CHANGED THIS VALUE)
max_input_time =120; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data;
max_input_nesting_level = 64 ; Maximum input variable nesting level
memory_limit =128M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB by default)

After changed please restart httpd service.

But that's not the point - the point is not just stop throwing errors on these threads, but stop taking ages to load them too. In big posts, it takes up to 10 seconds to start loading the page when this addon is enabled! And my value is already 360 there.

Enabling the max execution time at 360 seconds just allows the threads to load but only after taking 15-20 seconds! Plus it skyrockets the load on my server.

Looks like this add-on only works for small posts, or has specific limits.

The old GAL add-on from the vbgeek for vbulletin didn't have such issues, there must be a workaround for this, can anyone help?

******* updated ******* - Auto Link Replacer with a new update entry:

10/10/2013: Version 1.4.1

- Minor bug fixes and stability improvements

Read the rest of this update entry...

Do you plan to include options for explanatory texts (html content) instead of links also. Fx if the users hover over "Moscow", a pop up shows up with the text "Moscow is the capital of Russia and has 11.5 mio inhabitants. See wikipedia if you want to read more about Russia" ?

I dont understand why people would pay for this when a free version of this app already exists by waindigo.

******* updated ******* - Auto Link Replacer with a new update entry:

05/11/2013: Version 1.4.2

- Supported XenForo Resource Manager

Read the rest of this update entry...

Enabling the max execution time at 360 seconds just allows the threads to load but only after taking 15-20 seconds! Plus it skyrockets the load on my server.
@Dakis, thanks for your reports and help in this thread. The issue you described sounds very serious. Did it ever get fixed? If so, I'd like to purchase as the addon looks very helpful. It would be perfect for our hybrid forum/wiki site, both from an SEO and a user experience perspective.

Where exactly is the copyright link ? Is it on home page?
I want to know because I am thinking about purchasing the 30$ or 10$ version.
$10 for ONLY 6 months... Thats a shame i was just about to buy this until i seen that. :(
@*******, could you confirm that there is no longer a copyright link and that if you purchase, there is no 6 month (or similar) limit on usage? I don't see any mention of these on the home page and thought it might be helpful to get this clarified in the support thread. A simple yes or no would be appreciated.

@Dakis, thanks for your reports and help in this thread. The issue you described sounds very serious. Did it ever get fixed? If so, I'd like to purchase as the addon looks very helpful. It would be perfect for our hybrid forum/wiki site, both from an SEO and a user experience perspective.

The latest version I got doesn't produce this problem, at least not to my knowledge.

@*******, could you confirm that there is no longer a copyright link and that if you purchase, there is no 6 month (or similar) limit on usage? I don't see any mention of these on the home page and thought it might be helpful to get this clarified in the support thread. A simple yes or no would be appreciated.
No it looks like they changed it, it doesn't mention 6 months anywhere now.
Work brilliant by the way, i really recommend it.

Many thanks to anyone for such very quick replies. I take it that there is no copyright link?

I'll check out Waindigo's addon as well, though I'm perfectly happy to pay the $10 and like the feature set of this one. Thanks for the heads up.

Has anyone used both *******'s product and Waindigo's?

Given the many thousands of hours and scary amounts of money that I have already put into my forum, I'm happy to pay another $10 to support a dedicated XenForo developer. I like that ******* allows you to inactivate replacements and that that it tracks the number of times replacements are clicked. I don't think that Keyword Replace by Waindigo has these features. Likewise, I don't need the html replacements or overlay replacements (which seem appropriate only for a very narrow audience) that Keyword Replace offers.

In the end, I think I want the product that comes closest to my ideal of not slowing down pageloads even on giant posts with giant paragraphs and more than a thousand replacement rules. Customer service and a developer who does frequent updates are also major plusses. Waindigo has not responded to a bug report from November 10. I don't know if that's because the complaint has no merit or just because he's too busy. It's always better to see quick responses, though, even if they just say, "I can't reproduce your bug."

I think it's great that there are multiple products to choose from. Competition leads to better software and better support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom