Resource icon

Auto Follow on Registration 2.0

No permission to download
Nice idea, there was a vb mod I've used before that allowed us to auto follow new users as well. This seems to be the opposite of that?
I'd like to have myself and my staff auto follow all new users, I'd like those users to get the standard alert as well that they are being followed.

Any chance of adding that? :) :love:

Nice idea, there was a vb mod I've used before that allowed us to auto follow new users as well. This seems to be the opposite of that?
I'd like to have myself and my staff auto follow all new users, I'd like those users to get the standard alert as well that they are being followed.

Any chance of adding that? :) :love:
Yep :)

Chris Deeming updated Auto Follow on Registration with a new update entry:

Rewritten - now includes ability for new user to be followed by existing users!

Thank you so much for donating. It is always appreciated!

Read the rest of this update entry...

idea:

so for a matchmaking (singles, dating) website, could you make it so that a new "male user" could follow for example 10 (or any defined number) "female users" ?
Whereby users to follow are selected randomly ?

It's not an option I'd like to include in this add-on, but it is possible.

In my Listener.php file, you would simply get the users from a database query (that selects X number of users where the gender is male/female) instead of from the option.

So something like:

$followUsers = $this->_getDb()->fetchAll('
SELECT *
FROM xf_user
WHERE gender = female
ORDER BY RAND()
LIMIT 10
');

maybe have an option where new users are followed by the admins until they reach a certain posting threshold? This way admins/mods can keep an eye on new users to ensure they are following forum rules etc?

@Chris Deeming, please update it for full 1.2 compatibility. Kindly oblige. I am posting the updates and news to my Forum via my status updates which I need all members to follow. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks @Chris Deeming. It does not work on my 1.2. I put my username in both fields but neither one worked. I tried to sign up twice. For the first time while adding the username, it shows the autocomplete name. If I click it, it adds my username, a comma and empty space. For the second time, I removed the comma and the empty space and just typed my name without using the autocomplete. In both cases it did not work when a new member registered. Please do help or fix it.

Hi Chris,

I get the following error with the add on on 1.3:

ErrorException: Undefined index: followers - library/AutoFollowOnReg/Listener.php:12
Generated By: Unknown Account, 53 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/AutoFollowOnReg/Listener.php(12): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('register_proces...', '<div class="sys...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#1 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): AutoFollowOnReg_Listener::templatePostRender(Array, Array)
#2 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'register_proces...')
#3 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#4 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#5 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(614): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#6 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#7 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(45) "http://airnation.net/hangar/register/register"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(17) {
["username"] => string(9) "RivemezEi"
["email"] => string(24) "oiklofedra07@hotmail.com"
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["password_confirm"] => string(8) "********"
["dob_month"] => string(1) "8"
["dob_day"] => string(2) "23"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1981"
["gender"] => string(4) "male"
["custom_fields"] => array(1) {
["country"] => string(2) "ps"
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(7) "country"
}
["timezone"] => string(11) "Asia/Almaty"
["captcha_question_answer"] => string(0) ""
["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "cbd1a2cd37f7ddd2b1d0e72705f6d4b4d2abc671"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["submit"] => string(7) "Sign up"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["reg_key"] => string(32) "07d92e344954d3b588b50597c0339e6d"
}
}

It happens upon successful and unsuccessful registration and when a user registers.

Would you be able to provide a fix?

And this one -

XenForo_Exception: The requested user could not be found. - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1345
Generated By: Unknown Account, 14 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1387): XenForo_DataWriter->_haveErrorsPreventSave()
#1 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(72): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#2 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(1976): XenForo_Model_User->update(0, 'following', '1')
#3 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(1754): XenForo_Model_User->updateFollowingDenormalizedValue(0)
#4 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/AutoFollowOnReg/Listener.php(26): XenForo_Model_User->follow(Array)
#5 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): AutoFollowOnReg_Listener::templatePostRender('register_proces...', '<div class="sys...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#6 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire(Array, Array)
#7 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render('template_post_r...', Array, 'register_proces...')
#8 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#9 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(614): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer()
#10 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#11 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(45) "http://airnation.net/hangar/register/register"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(17) {
["username"] => string(13) "Lealiainvoins"
["email"] => string(28) "boylipphodis1973.txy@aol.com"
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["password_confirm"] => string(8) "********"
["dob_month"] => string(1) "3"
["dob_day"] => string(1) "8"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1987"
["gender"] => string(4) "male"
["custom_fields"] => array(1) {
["country"] => string(2) "dm"
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(7) "country"
}
["timezone"] => string(14) "Asia/Singapore"
["captcha_question_answer"] => string(0) ""
["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "a408daf820d86940f2744888deebe02b8d86f471"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["submit"] => string(7) "Sign up"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["reg_key"] => string(32) "507e6ffeb440e9d114b16176e83e640f"
}
}

Top Bottom