• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Auto embed video and audio

Rho Delta

In SMF 2.0 they have a mod that embeds youtube and other media in a post just by posting the url in the main text... no bbcode, no popup boxes, nothing.

It would be AWESOME to have a feature that would do that for youtube, vimeo, soundcloud and grooveshark playlists!!!

Is there anything like this???

You can do this very easily with UrlRewriter...
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/urlrewriter-auto-media-embed-and-affiliate-schemes.8292/

Although... I personally think its a terrible idea. Its specifically why my XenMedio mod doesn't embed media directly into posts, but embeds an overlay trigger instead. When I was using a mod like this on my forums, we would end up with a single page with something like 30 youtube players embedded on the page... all these players, where you really only cared to watch 1 of them, or none of them still take up memory and resources on your computer.

It pretty much makes browsing on cell phones impossible.

Top Bottom