• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey great style, I love it, thanks!
I'm using the grey style and I would like to know where I can change the Alert thingy to be red.
Could you tell me where I find the color? I already changed "Alert Balloon" color but this didn't changed anything.
Thanks.

Good question and good find. Currently it is set to change from the @secondaryDarker (in the Style Colors). However this is not the optimal solution since it changes other things that you may not want. I changed that and you will be able to modify the color of the alerts from when you tried ("Alert Balloon").

If you do not want to wait for the 1.1.0.2 release go to the header_bar.css template and modify this section:

Code:
#header_bar .itemCount_u,
#header_bar .itemCount.alert
{
color: #youColor;
background: #yourBGColor;
}

Thanks.

Both approaches have their advantages. Unfortunately given my schedule there is no way I will have enough time to get the theme updated AND extract every change to EXTRA.css.

maybe someone who has some time and the skills to do so can help you with changing things over to extra.css so you can concentrate on the other updates?

btw... i havent used this style but i have always appreciated the hard work and dedication that you have put into it

keep up the great work man

Not sure what the problem is here, but if you goto http://www.x360achievements.com and look at the node icons, the unread icons are shifted to the left too far out of view, but the read icons are fine. Not sure why this has happened? it's happened since installing newest version of this style. Also, the nodes are now as sprites, so my custom icons in the A-Z of games are the default icons, how can the default icons be changed? (I've changed the icons in style node_read and node_unread)
Any idea's?

Any idea's?

Well ... this:
Code:
.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background-image: url('styles/aurora/xenforo/node-sprite.png');
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: -36px 0;
}

does not like this:
Code:
.node .node_49 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_49 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background-image: url("styles/aurora/xenforo/widgets/forum-unread-49.gif");
}

The issue has to do with the change in XenForo 1.1 to use sprite images rather than single images.

You have to update the node-sprite.png with the images you want and then use the proper background-position to get to the image you want.

Well ... this:
Code:
.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

does not like this:
Code:
.node .node_49 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_49 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background-image: url("styles/aurora/xenforo/widgets/forum-unread-49.gif");
}

The issue has to do with the change in XenForo 1.1 to use sprite images rather than single images.

You have to update the node-sprite.png with the images you want and then use the proper background-position to get to the image you want.
Sorry, I don't understand Japanese lol! how on earth am I going to fix this! :eek: Anyone fancy giving me the low down on creating sprites?(y)

Sorry, I don't understand Japanese lol! how on earth am I going to fix this! :eek: Anyone fancy giving me the low down on creating sprites?(y)

Ok ... the easiest fix is the following:

Find this (using Search template for example):
Code:
}

and change it to:
Code:
}

On a quick look this should fix it :D

Theme version is now 1.1.0.2 ... As usual check the first page of this thread for more info & demo links.

Latest Version Updates:
  1. Aurora Yellow child theme added!
  2. Added new functionality (configurable through the style properties), which allows to move the notices to the header as well as specify the width in % for the logo and the notices wrapper. Check the demo links for visual.
  3. Fixed an issue with the sub-heading (padding).
  4. Fixed an issue with the not-read image and its positioning. Changed the image as well.
  5. Fixed the about baloon color to be configured from the theme "About Balloon" style property rather then using one of the preset colors.
  6. Fixed an issue with the main menu most left separator. Separator is now removed.
  7. Tab sub-links now have text shadow.
  8. User text and sub text (in the avatar) slightly modified for better looks.
  9. Version 1.0.4.10 archive is now removed.
Important Release Notes:
  1. If you update from Aurora 1.0.4.10 PLEASE READ THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS.txt!
  2. I am considering removing all fluid theme versions and providing a quick tutorial of how to make one of the child themes fluid.

Thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this. It's still one of the best themes going in my opinion and I love the new colour options (y)

Akiron,

In this XF.com forum when you have a thread open, you go to another tab and get back, and you have received an alert, there is a small box in the lower left of the page that hovers transiently saying "You have one new alert". This seems to be absent in my installation. Was this a feature in XF that was omitted in Aurora or is this some sort of a new feature that hasn't reached XF releases?

Thanks!

Akiron,

In this XF.com forum when you have a thread open, you go to another tab and get back, and you have received an alert, there is a small box in the lower left of the page that hovers transiently saying "You have one new alert". This seems to be absent in my installation. Was this a feature in XF that was omitted in Aurora or is this some sort of a new feature that hasn't reached XF releases?

Thanks!

That is a good question. I have not seen this as of yet in the templates or I have missed it. I wonder the same ...

That is a good question. I have not seen this as of yet in the templates or I have missed it. I wonder the same ...
Any chance you could clarify it with Jake or Mike? I think that is a great feature, especially to forum admins. To see notifications of alerts as we switch the tab back to the forum page, which is always open (instead of having to refresh it every time).

Thanks!

Well it may sound strange but it is by design like that ... The default is similar and I did not like to wrap the block with a border. I will consider this for later as a modification.
I like it that way too (the way it is now). Doesn't look nice wrapping everything with a border. There should be some asymmetry in a good design.

Speaking of design features, I'm reminded of this question I wanted to ask you Akiron.

xX8Og.png

Why have a "Start Date" there when the start date gets displayed below the thread title, far to the left?
Why have "Replies" and "Views" in red and not have the numerics alone displayed below that? Why does it again say Replies: 10, Views: 20?
Why isn't the word "Views" in red not aligned with the dark grey column below?

Thanks.

Speaking of design features, I'm reminded of this question I wanted to ask you Akiron.

xX8Og.png

Why have a "Start Date" there when the start date gets displayed below the thread title, far to the left?
Why have "Replies" and "Views" in red and not have the numerics alone displayed below that? Why does it again say Replies: 10, Views: 20?
Why isn't the word "Views" in red not aligned with the dark grey column below?

Thanks.

Hmm ... check xfdev.akrion.net I checked all styles and it is aligned as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom