• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had this question asked quite a few times already. Honestly my investment in this theme so far had surpassed my expectations and the ratio of time spend vs monetary value gained unfortunately is pushing me to a negative answer. The time invested in customizing the Wordpress theme and create a matching set for each Aurora theme as well as support it would add quite a load and given my current schedule I am not sure this would be feasible.

In general (as I am sure you know) not a whole lot of sites purchase themes these days since there is such a huge choice of free "stuff" and everyone seems to be more or less able to "tweak" them. I support this overall and that is why Aurora is free, but as we all know there is always that thin line of how much can we all do for the common good vs how much of all that is good for the "author"/individual good ... time wise etc. :).

I think you've done a grand job releasing this theme free Akrion. You probably could have sold it to a few people by now, as it's one of the best I've seen knocking around for XenForo by far. It's not very often I'll consider installing a custom theme to use, mainly because I prefer keeping things stock as much as possible to make forum updating easy. But I am thinking about using this one when you release the XenForo 1.1.0 Final updated version soon.

Which is.......when? :LOL:

I have read the entire thread, and I am not sure if this is even possible.

I made a forum "Category", called SEC.
I then made a child category, inside SEC called Alabama Crimson Tide.
Inside that, I made a child forum called Discussion.
BevxMu.png

Currently, the page looks like this:
asG4J0.png

Now, for each of these "Team Forums" I am making, I would like to somehow change the image on the right hand side (under quick nav) to the respective team logos.

The background image is styles/aurora/xenforo/pagecontent_bg.jpg and it shows up for each one. I realize, or at least think, the image could be changed with the aurora.css but I have no idea where to start, or what to begin with.

Can anyone help?

I see what you are trying to do but the background you currently see is part of the #content .pageContent (or simply the pageContent element) and this one does not change per thread/category etc.

I see what you are trying to do but the background you currently see is part of the #content .pageContent (or simply the pageContent element) and this one does not change per thread/category etc.

Ahhh... so even though each has a seperate number, like that one is .48, I cannot go in and change it with css. Thanks for the reply... I will see if I can come up with something else.

Ok... what about this area:
BuESEY.png

Is that possible to change per team, within the CSS?

This one yes. It is done here: http://www.audiera.com/forums

Code:
/* Audi A1 */
div#[B]XenForoUniq2[/B].Menu.JsOnly.subForumsMenu .primaryContent.menuHeader{
background: url('@imagePath/[B]YouImage.png[/B]') no-repeat right top;
}

Where #XenForoUniq2 is the id of the element. Unfortunately you have to kinda hard code it @ the moment. You can find the id using "inspect element" in Google Chrome or FireBug in FF.

I've installed the theme now, all of them including child ones. Have a question though? I downloaded the PSD and I'm not seeing the Header Logo image to edit the text title from "Aurora" using Adobe photoshop. I'm not sure if you wanted the header logo to remain as is or not, but did read in first thread you mention images can be edited just as long as your footer copyright link remains? All I was going to do was change the text to read MRGTB.com instead.

I've installed the theme now, all of them including child ones. Have a question though? I downloaded the PSD and I'm not seeing the Header Logo image to edit the text title from "Aurora" using Adobe photoshop. I'm not sure if you wanted the header logo to remain as is or not, but did read in first thread you mention images can be edited just as long as your footer copyright link remains? All I was going to do was change the text to read MRGTB.com instead.

I will take a look tonight to see if I have that one somewhere.

OK, thanks! Don't go out your way though, I can always spend time creating a custom one no problem.

I may of spotted a problem unless I'm missing something? But when using the theme I don't see the Admin CP link in the header top-right. I have to switch to default XenForo theme to see it.

Forget it, you've moved it left-side

Ok, so I decided to go about this a different way. Now I am stuck again. Here is the layout:

edYOfI.png

Now, if I click on Atlantic Coast Conference, I see this page:
YWVgdO.png

For whatever reason, I cannot get the image for the category of Boston College Eagles to change the background, as seen above with the category NCAA.

Here is the css I attempted to use:
fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_59 .categoryText {
background: url('styles/aurora/xenforo/gradients/bostoncollege.png') no-repeat right;
}

Not sure what I am doing wrong, or if I am just failing to follow instructions. Any ideas/help?

Ok, so I decided to go about this a different way. Now I am stuck again. Here is the layout:

edYOfI.png

Now, if I click on Atlantic Coast Conference, I see this page:
YWVgdO.png

For whatever reason, I cannot get the image for the category of Boston College Eagles to change the background, as seen above with the category NCAA.

Here is the css I attempted to use:
fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_59 .categoryText {
background: url('styles/aurora/xenforo/gradients/bostoncollege.png') no-repeat right;
}

Not sure what I am doing wrong, or if I am just failing to follow instructions. Any ideas/help?

Unfortunately I got @ work where I have limited/restricted access to outside sites, I will take a look later tonight.

Under forum statistics in the sidebar, I wish to display the user with the maximum number of posts this month. Can you tell me how to do that?

When I was using this very nice theme from memory I placed something simular to the following in extra.css to get the same effect, Which IMHO should probably be addressed by default in a future release.
Code:
.message .messageContent {
min-height: 100px !important;
}

Not sure if I mentioned this already but this suggestion has been added to the 1.1.0.0 release. Thank you

Any chance that was a reply for me?

Hi, I am not sure if the theme will be of any help in your scenario. You need an add-on/mod or you have to see if XenForo provides a hook to get this info out. I myself wont be able to be of much assistance here.

Akrion Thanks again for all of your hard work and such a nice contribution I have learned so much from this Template and you really set the standard for templates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom