• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I redid quite a few things and as a result the new versions of the theme (Green for example) would be possible in almost no time. Also the child themes will now be SIGNIFICANTLY smaller. In a nut shell I added all images which make an Aurora theme unique (red/blue) as style properties, which as you may guess makes an update from red to blue to green etc. possible in less than a minute. I have updated my dev site to xF 1.1 and also have installed the Aurora 1.1.0.0 version (which is more like a beta as of now). All the links on the main/first page of this thread point to the updated version of the theme. Let me know if you see something fishy :)

I will most likely release the 1.1.0.0 version tomorrow ...
Great news, looking forward to the green release :D I'd also like to know if you have any intention on releasing the WP theme too? I'd love to have this!

Hello quick request and worry before I should....Can you change up the naming directories etc a bit so that it doesn't overwrite the existing install. I guess my worry is many of us have customized and changed up the css files enough that straight up overwriting would cause a problem. Thanks again for all your amazing hard work.

It is an interesting problem, which to be honest I have not planned for. I will take it into consideration when I am ready for release but I am not sure if it would make sense to go through a folder change since most of the people who use the theme (I would guess) have not made that many changes to it so that an update would mess things up. Please correct me if I am wrong.

ac2792a329.png

Akrion, I love the border and shaddow around the images in aurora. would you mind sharing the css for that :) I know you have lot on your plate but if it's easy I would very much know how it's done.

It is an interesting problem, which to be honest I have not planned for. I will take it into consideration when I am ready for release but I am not sure if it would make sense to go through a folder change since most of the people who use the theme (I would guess) have not made that many changes to it so that an update would mess things up. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I use aurora. When update? :D

I'd also like to know if you have any intention on releasing the WP theme too? I'd love to have this!

I have had this question asked quite a few times already. Honestly my investment in this theme so far had surpassed my expectations and the ratio of time spend vs monetary value gained unfortunately is pushing me to a negative answer. The time invested in customizing the Wordpress theme and create a matching set for each Aurora theme as well as support it would add quite a load and given my current schedule I am not sure this would be feasible.

In general (as I am sure you know) not a whole lot of sites purchase themes these days since there is such a huge choice of free "stuff" and everyone seems to be more or less able to "tweak" them. I support this overall and that is why Aurora is free, but as we all know there is always that thin line of how much can we all do for the common good vs how much of all that is good for the "author"/individual good ... time wise etc. :).

ac2792a329.png

Akrion, I love the border and shaddow around the images in aurora. would you mind sharing the css for that :) I know you have lot on your plate but if it's easy I would very much know how it's done.

Well if you use Google Chrome you can right click on the image and select "Inspect Element". From there you can see on the right hand side of the screen that will open all the CSS rules that apply to this particular element. In this case you will see this:

Code:
.bbCodeImage {
max-width: 100%;
padding: 2px;
border: 1px solid #BBB;
background: white;
display: block;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15);
-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15);
}

The last 2 lines do the "trick". I am sure there is a better way to do this btw (as always) :).

Well if you use Google Chrome you can right click on the image and select "Inspect Element". From there you can see on the right hand side of the screen that will open all the CSS rules that apply to this particular element. In this case you will see this:

Code:
.bbCodeImage {
max-width: 100%;
padding: 2px;
border: 1px solid #BBB;
background: white;
display: block;
}

The last 2 lines do the "trick". I am sure there is a better way to do this btw (as always) :).

I did that a while ago but wasnt sure what to copy :D Thanks for the code :love:(y)

Code:
box-shadow: 0 0 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15);

instead of

Code:

Is what Brogan meant ... just to clarify.

Found few small issues ... replaced the Aurora_Ver1100.zip file yet again ... I apologize for that but I wanted to have all things that are found today fixed without new version (Ver 1.1.0.1) of the theme.

Love all the hard work on this theme and I'm now trying out (Thanks). I came across this theme by seeing it on someone else's page. I clicked on the ad or branding and was sent to your personal web page. I got lost for quite some time until I searched the forums. Quick suggestion to have a link to this thread or on your personal site on how to get.

This has been addressed: http://akrion.net/2011/12/xenforo-theme-aurora-ver-1-1-0-0/

I have read the entire thread, and I am not sure if this is even possible.

I made a forum "Category", called SEC.
I then made a child category, inside SEC called Alabama Crimson Tide.
Inside that, I made a child forum called Discussion.
BevxMu.png

Currently, the page looks like this:
asG4J0.png

Now, for each of these "Team Forums" I am making, I would like to somehow change the image on the right hand side (under quick nav) to the respective team logos.

The background image is styles/aurora/xenforo/pagecontent_bg.jpg and it shows up for each one. I realize, or at least think, the image could be changed with the aurora.css but I have no idea where to start, or what to begin with.

Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom