August Update discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floren I would suggest you edit your posts to take out the personal jibs, as per the first post in this thread.
I think you are looking at my posts through a personal filter. Read them again and you will see they are directed to job specifics, not real people or their blue face.

Floren I would suggest you edit your posts to take out the personal jibs, as per the first post in this thread.

And i suggest you and your company to be honest with customers. It is not time to dictate instead it is time to act and unfortunately Xenforo is failing on many stages

Again, we don't know development is on hold.

I know it, based on my reading of the available information. Many other people on the forum reached the same conclusion a while ago. Seems a safe bet. But consider your question submitted.

The main rumour is that Mike and Kier had a falling out

Well I don't know about that personal stuff, and that is a personal matter. I seriously doubt you will get a statement confirming or denying such rumors of a personal nature. You will have to go back to the rumor mill for information on that.

Why can't you use warnings instead and edit the posts on those "very few" threads?

Warnings add up to moderation and banning. Locking and deleting isn't my style but I do it when necessary. Moderation and banning definitely isn't my style. I would prefer not to go there. That means you would have been banned a while ago. :unsure:

Between me and you, do you really think people will start fighting with each others if the XenForo administration would post a "clear and transparent" answer into those threads? The arguments will stop instantly, with a professional reply coming straight from proper source.

Between you, me, and the entire rest of the forum, I honestly don't think the arguments would stop. That is because answers have already been given and the arguing has gotten worse. This gets back to my point about the necessarily uncertain nature of the answers:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/august-update-discussion-thread.35634/page-6#post-405261

I don't condemn the arguing. I think it's understandable. Though as a moderator I have to try to keep it under control.

Frankly that's another problem around here. People not associated with the company putting forward what they think as some form of factual statement. It does not help, though I appreciate the efforts

Perhaps before people start post editing and/or dragging this down into the gutter instead of simply ignoring silly comments, we could return to questions being answered.

The main one is very clear from reading this thread: Is XenForo still under active development?

It's a yes or no question by the way.

Q:How do KAM feel about their XF community falling apart?

Invalid premise I think. O_o

And i suggest you and your company to be honest with customers.

I agree. Ashley has honestly announced that 1.2 currently has no ETA, and there is no ETA on more information. And now we are collecting questions so we can try to answer them.

Aren't you included in the lawsuit. Did you get served yet? I know many people are hungry for updates about the lawsuit. There hasn't been anything for a while.

Between you, me, and the entire rest of the forum, I honestly don't think the arguments would stop.
I think the only people who will keep on going are the ones who like to stir **** for no reason. The ones who will exploit every angle of discussion just to incite others into a fight.

The main one is very clear from reading this thread: Is XenForo still under active development?

It's a yes or no question by the way.

This question has already been submitted. But I think the answer is pretty clear that development is on hold. That is based on my reading of the recent announcement. Though Slavik has confirmed that security updates and other urgent maintenance releases are still on tap.

I think you are looking at my posts through a personal filter. Read them again and you will see they are directed to job specifics, not real people or their blue face.

Having my post quoted and then described as egocentric feels like a personal attack to me.

And i suggest you and your company to be honest with customers. It is not time to dictate instead it is time to act and unfortunately Xenforo is failing on many stages

My company? XenForo is entirely owned by K + A + M. I do not own or am employed in any part of XenForo. I am an unpaid volunteer trying to make the best out of a less than ideal situation. In fact the the questions we will take and try to get answered for you ae being done on our personal time. We are doing this for you, the community.

If people want to try and throw it back into our faces... then I have a whole list of other things I can do in my personal time...

Having my post quoted and then described as egocentric feels like a personal attack to me.
Read the post again. You are mixing the job requirements with the physical personality. A very gentle and kind husband can be a ruthless boss at work.

Why do you want to know what is going on in their private life? Next thing, you probably want to know also what socks they wear Sunday. I thought you bought a product, not tickets to a soap opera.

Well I don't know about that personal stuff, and that is a personal matter. I seriously doubt you will get a statement confirming or denying such rumors of a personal nature. You will have to go back to the rumor mill for information on that.

I appreciate that which is why I didn't make mention of it in the questions I "submitted" earlier. Answering whether Mike is still one of the Xenforo developers is enough, we don't know need to know his reasons for leaving, just whether he has or not.

Not to my knowledge..

Thanks so that makes it clear that 1.2 is not stopped because of lawsuit.

Well, a software release isn't just about making a quick buck. And I'm not sure the revenue from a single addon would make much of a difference. On the other hand, if customers are demanding an addon then that is good reason to release. Certainly lots of people are wanting the RM to get released.

Well even if they sell 1000 license for one add-on they can easily make 50,000$. I don't think it's small amount and many would buy new license for boards too if they see active development. Overall active development would bring them more money to fight against lawsuit against no development/releases at all.

Personal issues as a result of the lawsuit I think. Financial problems at very least is what I would speculate. But then we cross the line into personal stuff.

I understand that. Have been their once. I hope it all works out between Ashley, Kier and Mike. Good luck.

Thanks for quick answers Jake! We all appreciate what you are doing.

My company? XenForo is entirely owned by K + A + M. I do not own or am employed in any part of XenForo. I am an unpaid volunteer trying to make the best out of a less than ideal situation. In fact the the questions we will take and try to get answered for you ae being done on our personal time. We are doing this for you, the community.

If people want to try and throw it back into our faces... then I have a whole list of other things I can do in my personal time...

You are moderating on a Company Forum , creating official thread in favor of Xenforo Ltd. So yes you are representing Xenforo Ltd if you like it or not.

So, there are complaints when there are no comments/posts about the goings on at xenForo.com

Then, there are complaints about the comments/posts made about the goings on at xenForo.com

#smh #damnedifyoudo #damnedifyoudont

Not at all. If Ashley's post had had any real substance no one would be complaining. It implies a few things when the time's passed for being straight with their customers.

You are moderating on a Company Forum , creating official thread in favor of Xenforo Ltd. So yes you are representing Xenforo Ltd if you like it or not.

I don't see anywhere in the post where he or KAM mentioned that this is the official thread... I personally think it's better he created the topic instead of users creating separate topics on same issue/discussion.

Like IPS moderators on IPS forum doesn't represent IPS, Slavik doesn't represent XF either. All i see is he is just trying to help.

I think If rumors are going to fly they better be more imaginative ones!

My addition to the rumor mill.

Kier was cleaning out his garage with mike to look for things to sell on ebay, well kier had alot on his mind and accidentally packed mike in with a used toaster oven

a few hours later he got a txt "in box.. toaster.. battery low.." ofcourse this jogged kiers memory so he raced to the courier office to find the parcel had already gone

"no worries" kier thought, i can trace the package..

racing to his computer he went to the couriers website and entered the tracking number

to his dread "package missing.. £6.95 courier fee reimbursed" appeared next to the tracking number

So in conclusion poor mike is trapped somewhere in a box with a 1980's toaster oven!

ofcourse poor kier is walking barefoot around the country searching every depot for his beloved co-dev!

Or other rumours

Jake bunce is really...Kier and mike! using n advanced particle accelerator they have combined to form one super human (notice he never seems to sleep? a side affect of the merge, kier's brain is awake half of the time and the other half of the time its mike!)

This is all a dream, none of it is real.. we are dreaming 1.2 never come out when in reality 1.2 coming out tore a rip in space and time and created a reality without its existence, therefore destroying the space time continuum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom