XF 2.0 Attempting a fresh install instead of an upgrade

Nirjonadda

I am already upgraded from XenForo 1 but I have lots of orphan folders/files from XF1 and addons. So I am completed Attempting a fresh install instead of an upgrade. Please let me know that does my all steps are completed correctly?

Steps:

1. Deleted all xf1/xf2 files and uploaded xf2 download files without upgrade package. Also reuploaded one more time upgrade package.
2. Created the internal_data/install-lock.php file and Reuploaded src/config.php.
3. Reuploaded data/attachments , data/avatars and internal_data/attachments from xf1/xf2 old files.
4. Going to www.example.com/install/ and do rebuild master data.

Now site back to online. Now my question is does i am missing any files/folder from XF1 Installation?

What you're doing really isn't much to do with a fresh install as you're maintaining all of your old data.

We would generally not recommend taking a process like this as you may miss components that you later find to be important. At the least, you need to maintain the entire contents of the internal_data/ and data/ directories as anything in there is legitimate data. The only file we write to outside of that is src/config.php.

What you're doing really isn't much to do with a fresh install as you're maintaining all of your old data.

We would generally not recommend taking a process like this as you may miss components that you later find to be important. At the least, you need to maintain the entire contents of the internal_data/ and data/ directories as anything in there is legitimate data. The only file we write to outside of that is src/config.php.

I have not deleted old files, only moved to new folder. So XF1 files still need on XF2 Installation? So let me know your recommendation and what folder missing in internal_data/ and data/ directories ?

data folder

edXSmZTRTTWSgCdUWKIGUw.png

internal_data folder

SMca27hWTZ6r6knZwaXG2g.png

So XF1 files still need on XF2 Installation?
Only the files present in an XF2 download (along with src/config.php and the data/ and internal_data/ files) are needed after you are running XF2.

You do need all of the files/directories within the data/ and internal_data/ directories though -- your first post mentioned several specific sub-directories and you've missed important data.

Only the files present in an XF2 download (along with src/config.php and the data/ and internal_data/ files) are needed after you are running XF2.

You do need all of the files/directories within the data/ and internal_data/ directories though -- your first post mentioned several specific sub-directories and you've missed important data.

Please let me know that now what I am missing?

Old XF1 data/directories

wPaedHnRTp_XWeanG1Aoew.png

Now XF2 data/directories

EITafJO0R2aHz4mf4ewmhQ.png

Old XF1 internal_data/directories

O1EPjlX-TryWkWV2QtkQAw.png

New XF2 internal_data/directories

rAm6SS1iSTGmFhHIiEjrJg.png

Please let me know that does we need back/restored old xf1 all files including add-on files that what i am no more using the add-on?

Generally speaking, this sort of piecemeal approach isn't one we'd recommend. Though I expect that copying the files you highlighted should work; your first message skipped over many of those which is why I mentioned it. (Data/fonts/ isn't a standard directory BTW.)

Top Bottom