1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attachments

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by captainslater, Jul 29, 2010.

1. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

For now you can upload only one file at once.

Are there any plans for using some sort of attachment manager?
    The idea of vB4's asset manager is good but as they use another style it doesn't really fit into the whole product.

2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

In due course we will have something more advanced, but the need to upload multiple attachments in one go is mitigated by the inline upload (no page refresh required) for the time being.

hcmagix likes this.
  3. tecknical

tecknical Member

I'm guessing in time there will be. The software is still very very new. 6 months down the road it will be 1000x better

4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

5. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

6. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

7. viper357

viper357 Active Member

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but any updates on this? I've just tested it but still only able to select one pic at a time. Thanks.

8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

There is a multiple file uploader which relies on Flash player. You'll need to make sure you're using a Flash enabled browser for it to work.

9. viper357

viper357 Active Member

Thanks, I assume it works on mobile as long as the browser being used supports flash? But would that rule out iPhones being able to use it?

10. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's correct on both counts.

As an iPhone owner myself, it's never actually bothered me, but then I don't tend to have to upload a lot of photos.

It is something, however, that is suggested quite often. There have been no official decisions, yet, but I would personally hope we will change this in the future.

viper357 likes this.
  11. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

The bold part. I never even noticed that was missing. I upload a few photos at the most, and usually they're done separately.

iPhones with the "selfie phone" reputation though, I guess a lot of people have a lot to... show...?

12. ComputerCare

ComputerCare New Member

how to remove 100 characters limit on attachments uploading...

13. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you require support, you will need to associate your forum user name with your license and post in the relevant forum.

14. ComputerCare

ComputerCare New Member

but this is pre sales question... as i m using other forum running on xf

15. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Specific support is not provided in the pre-sales forum.

16. ComputerCare

ComputerCare New Member

thanks