XF 2.2 Attachments failed to import from vB 4.2.5

Comsup

I just migrated a vB 4.2.5 forum to XF. During the import I watched the progress of the attachment import (which took a long time) but there isn't a single attachment in any imported post. I don't know what to do to solve this problem short of starting over again. Is that the only solution?

To be more specific, instead of an image that is supposed to be displayed in a post, you will see

View attachment 14700

with a hyperlink. Clicking on the link takes you to the "oops" page. The same problem occurs with pdf documents, etc.

Last edited:
If the attachments weren't imported (as suggested in the OP), then a full reimport is the only option to bring them back. There isn't any system to just import attachments after the fact.

This issue tends to be that the system can't find the attachments at the specified path. (We can check whether the path is valid, but we generally can't confirm that all of the files are in place and accessible.) Things to check are potentially permissions/ownership on the attachments.

It's not necessarily a great option, but migrating the attachments back to the database in vBulletin can eliminate difficulty of file paths (though it may not be viable).

If the attachments weren't imported (as suggested in the OP), then a full reimport is the only option to bring them back.
Thats what I would have thought, yet the admin of the site in question (Verticalscope) says their tech support team is working on fixing it.

Top Bottom