Attachments, embedded videos, ... responsibility?

sbj

I am thinking about to disable the attachment and embedded videos options. My reason is that in this case no attachments, no responsibility for the owner. Like youtube videos, pdf of a book or pictures around the web which you do not own.

Or can it be enabled because the owner of the site would never be responsible and always the users are responsible?

Well if a user signs up they must agree to it. If you have them agree to be fully responsible for what they post, then all blame should fall on them first...

The only time it should fall on you or the site is if you allow it to stay after a C&D has been sent to you. There are very few a hole companies that will continue with a lawsuit after you remove something they requested. And when I say very few, there has only been ONE company that I knew to do it and that was discussed here on the forum.

I've had large movie companies and publishers contact me on multiple occassions to remove content. I remove it, they thank me, I thank them for their kindness and we move on.

On a few sites I've run we also put a notice at the bottom that says something to the effect that
users post here and not everything can be moderated. If there is any content that is offensive, breaking laws, used without consent, or stolen then contact staff immediately.

Top Bottom