XF 1.1 Attachments Are Embedded As Links

intradox

Whenever an attachment is uploaded and inserted into a post it comes out as a link but it worked a week ago and I'm not sure if I somehow corrupted something.

Here is what they look like:
Screen Shot 2013-06-04 at 5.34.06 PM.webp

And When I try to view them I don't have permission even though I am admin and I know I have the permission...
Screen Shot 2013-06-04 at 5.35.26 PM.webp

permissions:
Screen Shot 2013-06-04 at 5.36.30 PM.webp

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I've been getting this server error:
Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_Attachment::prepareAttachment() must be an array, boolean given, called in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenGallery/ControllerPublic/Media.php on line 494 and defined - library/XenForo/Model/Attachment.php:368
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 3:35 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Attachment.php(368): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/xxxx/...', 368, Array)
#1 /home/indiegam/public_html/library/XenGallery/ControllerPublic/Media.php(494): XenForo_Model_Attachment->prepareAttachment(false)
#2 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenGallery_ControllerPublic_Media->actionLike()
#3 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/xxxxx/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(59) "http://xxxxxx.com/media/starbound-lighting-demo.4/like"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

That error looks to be related to the Xen Media Gallery add-on.

That may or may not be related to the problem you have reported.

Disabled the addon and the same thing happens.

1 - upload image
2- embedd (image looks fine and is inside post)
3 - click post and embedd switches to a link.

Just got the server error as well so I believe it's connected (although XenMediaGallery) was disconnected. Also it's XenGallery but /media does not seem right I used to run XenMedio but uninstalled it. Could that be conflicting with XenGallery?

Xen Media Gallery literally does nothing in the thread view, or to attachments in general that would cause this. So Xen Media Gallery isn't at fault for the attachment links.

I would suspect you have inconsistent permissions - have you revoked view attachment permissions from a group or from a forum? Have you attempted to see if the situation changes if you disable all add-ons? Either way, I still think you'll find it's relating to permissions.

Also if it still happens when XMG is disabled then it's not that.

The server error is indeed a bug but it's completely unrelated. Look at the request URL:

["url"] => string(59) "http://xxxxxx.com/media/starbound-lighting-demo.4/like"

Nothing at all to do with threads or attachments. The URL is the "Like" URL for a media item.

It's actually a bug that I have just fixed for 1.3.

Ok was able to locate the addon. Thanks for the help and thanks Chris as I had not realized there was a newer version for XenGallery. Just upgraded it.

*this can be locked or left open.

Top Bottom